Looking for a symbol...

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
So I had this dream last night. There was a flood, and clouds going nuts up in the sky--the cloud formations looked like giant holes with waterfalls pouring out of them, and all different colors like the Northern Lights. When it calmed down, the clouds didn't just go back to normal--the sky stayed dark, only now instead of waterfall-shaped clouds coming out of the holes, these huge discs appeared over them, like seals, and on the seals was a symbol.

This isn't going to be exact, but it looked kinda like this:

l l \
] l l >
l l /

Just imagine that all those vertical lines are connected, and the right-hand one is smoother, like an arrow or point. Also, there should be a circle around the whole thing.

I have never seen that before, to my recollection, but since a lot of my spiritual journey comes from dream work (along with plot bunnies, for obvious reasons) I did some searching for circular symbols, and the closest to that I've been able to find is the Alchemical symbol for "phosphorous." (Link.) But that's not quite right either.

Does this exist? If it does, just going by the searching I did earlier, I think it's either Alchemical, Atlantean, or Gallifreyan. Or some combination I made up. But if it does exist, I'd very much like to find out what it means.

I hope this is the right place to post this--I didn't want to use the Story Research subforum because this isn't really for a story.

Thanks in advance! :)

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, if it doesn't exist, I'm happy to make something up and use it as a plot point somewhere. But if it does, I'm insatiably curious about it.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I did a Google search of linear images and pages came up. There were so many but here are a few.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
^Oooh, I love that Linear B stuff! I didn't even think to search for linear symbols. Thanks! :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You're welcome