PDA

View Full Version : Wordplayer's Manifesto

Little Anonymous Me
09-30-2013, 04:25 AM
So I was procrastinating on Pinterest when I ran across this (http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/af/45/f3/af45f3dad9e283c1c742dce2482f0b06.jpg), and I thought I'd share it because I really liked it, and it reminds me of AW quite a bit. :) I'm probably late on the bandwagon and everyone will tell me how 2009 it is ;), but hey. I actually think I'm going to print this out and pin it to my wall. It's got some good advice.

Lineykins
10-01-2013, 01:41 AM
Good advice.

Thanks for sharing L.A.M.
:-)

jjdebenedictis
10-01-2013, 06:49 AM
"Write scared" really resonated with me, because I feel like I'm sucking worse than a beached whale every single time I attempt a novel.

And it's never as bad as I thought when I read it later. So, yeah; write scared. It'll be okay.

Little Anonymous Me
10-01-2013, 05:16 PM
"Write scared" really resonated with me, because I feel like I'm sucking worse than a beached whale every single time I attempt a novel.

And it's never as bad as I thought when I read it later. So, yeah; write scared. It'll be okay.

That was a big one for me too. I'm a perfectionist, and realizing it will never be perfect has been so difficult for me. My favorites were the advice about criticism and what to do with my ego---I love to debate (in a very constructive, open dialogue way) with my critters, but it never comes across right in print. 'Thank 'em, shut up, and move on' should be stapled to my monitor.

Lady Cat
10-01-2013, 11:08 PM
I first saw this on Facebook, and yes, I printed it out too and it's tacked to the wall above my computer in my office. :D