PDA

View Full Version : KDP Select

praktikle1
09-29-2013, 04:09 AM
I want to give KDP Select a shot for 90 days. I've read a lot of good things about it. It seems like it can get your title out there at a fast pace because of the free promos. One good thing is that after 90 days, if nothing good happens I can get out.
Does anybody out there have KDP Select experience...Good or Bad. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thank ya man

merrihiatt
09-29-2013, 04:19 AM
We've discussed this topic a lot. You may want to use the search button and find all the threads about it.

Alice Xavier
09-29-2013, 09:36 AM
I hear that it's great if you have a decent-sized back catalog, as you can send readers of your freebie to your other (not free) works, but that using Select for your first title ever is an exercise in futility.

LOTLOF
09-29-2013, 05:56 PM
It has worked really well for me. I have had in the neighborhood of about 200 Select downloads and gotten paid for all of them. And if you don't like it you can exit the program after 90 days.

sarahdalton
09-29-2013, 08:47 PM
If you're going to do it tell people about it.

There's a link on this subforum (might be in informative links stickie) to a blog post with a ton of links to places that promote free books. Set some time aside and email all of these places. Also consider paying for a bookblast.co or bookbub ad to go with your free promotion. That way you'll make the most of your free run. Otherwise, it could disappear into oblivion and not really help.

Also, Select works best when you're putting the first book in a series on free.

Good luck with it! :)