PDA

View Full Version : The Crazy Ones

Undercover
09-27-2013, 02:55 PM
The First episode aired last night on CBS I think? I had to watch it, for RW. Although I thought RW was a smidge overboard with the jokes...then again that's him. I'd definitely watch it again.

And was it just me or did Sarah look a little sickly? I did like her character too.

LA*78
09-27-2013, 03:23 PM
I enjoyed it. Very much classic RW. I'm hoping they let the quirky support cast get some spotlight in coming episodes though.

Undercover
09-27-2013, 03:35 PM
That diner scene where they were singing to get Kelly Clarkson was hilarious. Couldn't stop laughing.

LA*78
09-27-2013, 03:39 PM
Definitely, as was the outtake of that scene at the end ;)

robjvargas
09-27-2013, 08:42 PM
Loved it. RW being RW. I would love to see Sarah Michelle Gellar's character get more in touch with that about herself. I think first fighting it then accepting it would make a terrific one to three season story arc.

And I think it hurt her character in this first episode. She seemed flat and listless next to that. With flashes of brilliance (all those "dont encourage him!" outbursts and sudden nasty looks).

Now I'm stuck. I seem to have a show just about every night of the week. I do *not* need that much TV in my life.

K.B. Parker
09-29-2013, 07:17 AM
Loved it. RW being RW. I would love to see Sarah Michelle Gellar's character get more in touch with that about herself. I think first fighting it then accepting it would make a terrific one to three season story arc.

And I think it hurt her character in this first episode. She seemed flat and listless next to that. With flashes of brilliance (all those "dont encourage him!" outbursts and sudden nasty looks).

Now I'm stuck. I seem to have a show just about every night of the week. I do *not* need that much TV in my life.

I have 28 shows that I will be watching weekly this fall. It's an addiction.

I loved this show. It had three of my favorite people; Josh Wolk, Sarah Michelle Gellar and Kelly Clarkson (And Robin WIlliams is pretty great too). I didn't laugh as much as I would have liked, but that's because I watched the five minute preview at least 20 times over the past few months.

The only negative thing I have to say about the show is that, sadly, Kelly Clarkson won't be back - at least for a while.

rugcat
09-30-2013, 10:38 PM
More confirmation that comedy, more than anything else, is subjective.

I hated the show. I found Robin Williams shtick to be old tired and positively annoying. I found the jokes to be unfunny. I found the characters to be uninteresting.

Not saying it's a bad show. Just saying I personally couldn't stand it. There are lots of shows that I do like that I could not defend to anyone else.

Aggy B.
09-30-2013, 10:46 PM
I dunno. Mr. Aggy and I watched the first episode and then looked at each other and he said "We just sat through a 30 minute McDonald's commercial."

The content, aside from the blatant product/branding placement, was not too bad, but I really would have liked to see them dealing with fictional companies. I'll probably watch this week to see what happens, but if they keep up the advertising it'll be a no-go from here on out. (At least for me.)

LA*78
10-01-2013, 10:37 AM
I don't know if I'm just oblivious to the blatant advertising, or if it's because I'm not familiar with the Macca's ads they based it on, but I really didn't notice it. I did find the references to 'meat' a bit weird as a selling point because here they would say 'beef' to differentiate from offal.