Looking for Books to review for Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

teeta6404

Registered
Reaction score
New Website just launched. I want to do a book review section for it, and want some relatively unknown books to review.
I mostly enjoy romance and or mystery. If it has both elements it is a plus. If you are interested in having me review your book for the site, private message me please. Also private message any questions. Thanks-T

Also-Published Books Only (self-pubbed ok)

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Reviews are for readers, and are used as a sales tool by publishers.

How many readers read your blog? How many people buy the books you review? If the answer to both questions is "none", what use do you think your reviews will be for the writers who send you their books?

AnaBlaze

Bookwright has a nice ring to it.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anablaze.blogspot.com
A review from a book blog with a small audience can be cross-posted on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, etc and thus still be very appreciated.

teeta6404

Registered
Reaction score
Reviews are for readers, and are used as a sales tool by publishers.

How many readers read your blog? How many people buy the books you review? If the answer to both questions is "none", what use do you think your reviews will be for the writers who send you their books?

We have averaged 300 page views daily, we just launched Friday. Every day has gone up by at least 50 views. Since I haven't reviewed any books yet I am not sure how many readers would buy the book.
I am not asking for the free copy of the book I am looking for people looking for more promotion, if the book interests me I fully intend to buy the book to review it. :)

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
A review from a book blog with a small audience can be cross-posted on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, etc and thus still be very appreciated.

I'm pretty sure that Amazon asks that only original reviews are posted there. So cross-posting shouldn't happen.

We have averaged 300 page views daily, we just launched Friday. Every day has gone up by at least 50 views.

Those aren't very good numbers, even if all of them are unique views.

And while I'm on the subject, how many of those are unique views? You need to separate those out from the total views, otherwise you'll be including all those little Googlebots and other trackers in your count--which won't do your readers any good at all.

[/QUOTE]Since I haven't reviewed any books yet I am not sure how many readers would buy the book.
I am not asking for the free copy of the book I am looking for people looking for more promotion, if the book interests me I fully intend to buy the book to review it. :)[/QUOTE]

It's usual for reviewers to be given free copies of the books they review.

If you're not looking for free books, then why did you need to ask for pointers here? It's easy enough to browse on Amazon and find books you like there.

I'm not trying to be mean about your blog, or your efforts: I just doubt very much that such efforts do much to help out the writers whose books appear there.

teeta6404

Registered
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

If you're not looking for free books, then why did you need to ask for pointers here? It's easy enough to browse on Amazon and find books you like there.

I'm not trying to be mean about your blog, or your efforts: I just doubt very much that such efforts do much to help out the writers whose books appear there.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you are being mean. It takes an awful lot to offend me. I think maybe you misunderstood what I was looking for or something. I wasn't really looking for pointers just offering people a different avenue to maybe gain some readers. I wasn't looking for free books or even books I like, I have plenty on my Kindle. I am more looking for new authors and undiscovered books. Something maybe someone is struggling to get out there.
I'm not promising to reach the masses, just get their name out there a little more. No our numbers are not huge, but for a week old site (which is not exclusively a blog) we do have people coming to our site.
I guess maybe they don't have a ton to gain, but what do they have to lose?

Jess Haines

Boldly going nowhere in particular.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jesshaines.com
I suggest perusing the AW library. You might find some books that fit the genres you enjoy that way, and you can choose for yourself which ones match your interests and that you would want to promote rather than going with an open call.

teeta6404

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the opportunity Matt, I had fun reviewing your book! It was a great place to start.

CynV

The Original Cyn
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.CynthiaVespia.com
Hey Tara, I appreciate the opportunity to get my work out there. So if you are still doing reviews I'd like to send you something.

Preacharomantic

Registered
Reaction score
New Website just launched. I want to do a book review section for it, and want some relatively unknown books to review.
I mostly enjoy romance and or mystery. If it has both elements it is a plus. If you are interested in having me review your book for the site, private message me please. Also private message any questions. Thanks-T

Also-Published Books Only (self-pubbed ok)
I'm interested and will contact you. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.