Remember when we used to lock up. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
"Roth, a high school English teacher in Los Angeles, writes on her animal rights Web site that "Curious George" reveals "the sinister side of a corrupt wildlife trade with perilous roots in Western imperialism." When the mischievous George is sent to jail, "the picture of the forlorn little primate alone in his cell conjures haunting images of countless monkeys lingering in laboratories, suffering silently and alone."

Obviously, there must be something about Western imperialism that kids find amusing. And who wouldn't laugh out loud at silently suffering monkeys?

Sheesh.

And to think this teacher is influencing the minds of young children.
emoteranting.gif

biotales

Registered
Reaction score
give me a break.....
Somebody needs to take that english teacher out and get them drunk and get them laid.... they have way to much time on their hands to think stuff like this up.... :e2moon:
I read curiours george to my son when he was a small lad.... I guess that is why he now pays his bills on time and is a eagle scout...

DeniseK

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
What the hell would they say about the movie version of Hansel & Gretel? :hooray:

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Great. Another pointless controversy about a book that bored me to tears as a child, and a silly Will Farrell movie.

Somehow the dancing banana smiley seems appropriate. I still won't use it.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sinister Overtones.....

Sometimes a movie is just a movie.

Get a grip, Ms. Teacher. It's a storybook movie. For kids.

(no, no! it's part of the machine to brainwash children into imperialist overlords!)

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I remember when people didn't pay any attention to someone talking nonsense...

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
well, I blame the Curious George books for the hair on my face...

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
biotales said:
give me a break.....
Somebody needs to take that english teacher out and get them drunk and get them laid.... they have way to much time on their hands to think stuff like this up.... :e2moon:

Love it!

mkcbunny

Bufflehead
Registered
Reaction score
Curious George sniffed ether? Perhaps children's books really do influence those who read them.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
from that link:

"If you look closely enough, you can actually see the needle marks on his arms where he would inject a liquified form of "scooby snacks" which were really nothing more than a mixture of cocaine and heroin. Shaggy would even feed the dog (which is G-o-d spelled backwards and an occult way of referring to Satan) these cocktails as well. At times, Shaggy would be so high, he would even think the dog was talking to him."

Oh.My.GOD! Some people really need a hobby.

There's even a place to send "This true Christian (?) Page" to a friend. Awww....how schweet.

Last edited:

silentpoet

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Gene pool needs chlorination. I hope these people are sterile.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Carole said:

Are you kidding? The people who wrote that have a brilliant send of humor!

That's actually true about the Satanic use of the word, "dog," and talking dogs in general. Ironic when you think of Davey and Goliath.

Scooby Snacks are Malibu, Medori, Pinneapple juice, and cream. My favorite shot.

Optimus

Banned
Reaction score
Carole said:
from that link:

"If you look closely enough, you can actually see the needle marks on his arms where he would inject a liquified form of "scooby snacks" which were really nothing more than a mixture of cocaine and heroin. Shaggy would even feed the dog (which is G-o-d spelled backwards and an occult way of referring to Satan) these cocktails as well. At times, Shaggy would be so high, he would even think the dog was talking to him."

There's even a place to send "This true Christian (?) Page" to a friend. Awww....how schweet.

Carole, you DO realize that that site is total satire, like a religious version of "The Onion," right? So, writing funny articles like that kinda IS their hobby (career).

I mean, you can get that it's total satire from the way the article is written and the funny little ads on the left and top of the screen, right?

Right?

Optimus (very worried about Carole's sense of humor)

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Optimus said:
Optimus (very worried about Carole's sense of humor)

Apparently it's a reasonable worry!

I do have to say that I read that article and didn't notice the ads (obviously). But I was married into a weird little family once upon a time that really did look at many things that way, and they were totally serious! I guess the best example of it was ex-jerk's dissection of nearly every song that came on the radio. I told him, not long before I left him, that it took a really sick mind to think of things that way.

I guess I need a funny bone transplant!

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know, Carol. I think I've met a few people like that as well. It is totally within my imagination to see them writing something like that seriously - not as humour.

(I think your sense of humour is fine.)

Optimus

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I remember when the Harry Potter books were starting to become popular and the first Harry Potter movie came out, some stupid email circulated which was supposed written by a "preacher" talking about how Harry Potter caused kids to turn to witchcraft and the occult, etc. etc.

I got it forwarded to me from a hyper-Christian (I'm a Christian, but I'm also not a close-minded idiot. I can't say the same for many people I'd describe as hyper Christian fundamentalists, or "fundies" as I like to say).

Turns out, it was a satirical article from the website I linked to above and these people were so stupid they were actually taking it seriously.

I feel really bad for people that dumb.

But, I do understand your skepticism after having had to live with someone like that.

However, I think you should surf around on that site. They've got some really hilarious things on there.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Optimus said:
I feel really bad for people that dumb.

errr...

But, I do understand your skepticism after having had to live with someone like that.

However, I think you should surf around on that site. They've got some really hilarious things on there.
Maybe I should have that transplant before I dive into the site. After years of having the most innocent things scrutinized (by the ex) I think my stomach isn't quite up to it.

Of course, the ex is the one who, after sex, would lay there and say that he thought we should pray for forgiveness because God was watching. Freak.

Status
Not open for further replies.