PDA

View Full Version : haunted white house

dimples73
09-24-2013, 10:05 AM
Has anyone in the states ever heard this? I'm from Canada I was reaserching the white house for a Story about the president
and it said there was a demon cat who showed up before Lincoln and Kennedy's assassinations and attempted assassination of Reagan and before 911, the Cuban missile
crises my question is have the presidents ever known about this?
and have all of them seen Lincolns Ghost? Have any of them seen JFK's Ghost?

Lyra Jean
09-24-2013, 02:30 PM
I've heard that Lincoln haunts his bedroom at the White House and I've also heard of the demon cat.

WeaselFire
09-24-2013, 09:14 PM
Does Google work in Canada? If so, you have access to all the info you could want on ghost stories in the White House.

Jeff

dimples73
09-24-2013, 11:37 PM
Does Google work in Canada? If so, you have access to all the info you could want on ghost stories in the White House.

Jeff
yes it does and i have researched and researched i get the same stuff over and over.
I was Wondering if the presidents fear the ghosts or the demon cat. I would like more info on this subject.

shakeysix
09-24-2013, 11:41 PM
The Lincoln ghost story is fairly well known. There is a lot written about it and about his dream foreshadowing his death --s6

dimples73
09-25-2013, 12:48 AM
The Lincoln ghost story is fairly well known. There is a lot written about it and about his dream foreshadowing his death --s6

yeah i read that he had several dreams about his death
hers what i have discovered on ghosts in the white house

https://www.google.ca/search?q=haunted+white+house&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=np&source=hp&gws_rd=cr&ei=EPNBUvTSEcOniALAiYDoAQ

i was also wondering if the president has to live in the white house or could he choose to live at camp David

frimble3
09-25-2013, 08:03 AM
yeah i read that he had several dreams about his death
hers what i have discovered on ghosts in the white house

https://www.google.ca/search?q=haunted+white+house&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=np&source=hp&gws_rd=cr&ei=EPNBUvTSEcOniALAiYDoAQ

i was also wondering if the president has to live in the white house or could he choose to live at camp David
Aside from Camp David being a country house, about 100km from Washington, where the job is? That's quite a commute, for things like press conferences, speaking to the House and Senate, meetings with people, etc.

Also, I would think that if a President declared he was going to make a country retreat his regular residence, people would either question his dedication to the job, or flat-out mock him as a slacker.

dimples73
09-25-2013, 09:20 AM
Aside from Camp David being a country house, about 100km from Washington, where the job is? That's quite a commute, for things like press conferences, speaking to the House and Senate, meetings with people, etc.

Also, I would think that if a President declared he was going to make a country retreat his regular residence, people would either question his dedication to the job, or flat-out mock him as a slacker.
never thought about that i was writing a story about a president and the ghosts freaked me out

mrsmig
09-25-2013, 08:00 PM
Camp David isn't all that far from the White House - maybe an hour and a half by car, depending on traffic, and the president would probably take a helicopter there, anyway. But the White House is uniquely staffed and especially designed for the protection of the president and his family, so it makes sense for him to live there.

It sounds as if you're asking if any of the presidents have been afraid to live in the White House because of ghosts. I think the answer would be no. And if one was, I doubt he'd admit it.

Washington, DC is chock-full of ghost stories - the White House is just one of many historic buildings with a reputation for being haunted.

melindamusil
09-25-2013, 10:24 PM
First of all, I think just about every building that's over 50 years old will allegedly have "ghosts" - meaning someone heard a noise and made up a ghost story to go with it. Doesn't mean there's actually a ghost.

Second, remember, the White House is BIG. And remember, a lot of the ghosts are not necessarily vengeful - I highly doubt Abraham Lincoln would hang around with a goal of killing the president.

Third, remember that the president travels A LOT. Sometimes he travels internationally; sometimes he just goes to a particular city in the US to give a speech. He's not in the White House all the time.

Why do the ghosts freak you out, Dimples? Does their presence (or absence) affect your story?

dimples73
09-25-2013, 11:36 PM
First of all, I think just about every building that's over 50 years old will allegedly have "ghosts" - meaning someone heard a noise and made up a ghost story to go with it. Doesn't mean there's actually a ghost.

Second, remember, the White House is BIG. And remember, a lot of the ghosts are not necessarily vengeful - I highly doubt Abraham Lincoln would hang around with a goal of killing the president.

Third, remember that the president travels A LOT. Sometimes he travels internationally; sometimes he just goes to a particular city in the US to give a speech. He's not in the White House all the time.

Why do the ghosts freak you out, Dimples? Does their presence (or absence) affect your story?
no it doesn't affect my story and yes ghosts freak me out. They always have. would the ghosts in the white house hurt the occupants and thanks for the advice above. they say Lincolns ghost is in the white house would he hurt the presedents or any one else. or is Lincon a freindly ghost

melindamusil
09-25-2013, 11:57 PM
no it doesn't affect my story and yes ghosts freak me out. They always have. would the ghosts in the white house hurt the occupants and thanks for the advice above. they say Lincolns ghost is in the white house would he hurt the presedents or any one else. or is Lincon a freindly ghost

I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt Lincoln's ghost would hurt anyone. He was a nice guy. He cared about preserving the Union, aka the United States of America. Shoot, he devoted his life to preserving the Union. Why would he want to hurt a president and possibly destroy that Union?

With all of the other (alleged) ghosts, I cannot find a single possible reason why the ghost would be malicious. All of the alleged ghosts loved the United States. Just about everyone who's ever lived in the White House can tell tales of drapes moving, strange noises, or shadowy figures in dark corners. Not a single one of them has a story about being harmed by those drapes/noises/figures.

Take a deep breath and keep writing. It's nothing to get excited about.

shakeysix
09-26-2013, 12:34 AM
Doesn't Canada have any historical ghosts? Mexico and the USA are infested with them! --s6

dimples73
09-26-2013, 12:47 AM
I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt Lincoln's ghost would hurt anyone. He was a nice guy. He cared about preserving the Union, aka the United States of America. Shoot, he devoted his life to preserving the Union. Why would he want to hurt a president and possibly destroy that Union?

With all of the other (alleged) ghosts, I cannot find a single possible reason why the ghost would be malicious. All of the alleged ghosts loved the United States. Just about everyone who's ever lived in the White House can tell tales of drapes moving, strange noises, or shadowy figures in dark corners. Not a single one of them has a story about being harmed by those drapes/noises/figures.

Take a deep breath and keep writing. It's nothing to get excited about.
yeah i'm going to write it

kaitie
09-26-2013, 12:56 AM
I've always heard it as a ghost cat, not a demon cat. Supposedly it's spotted before someone dies.

dimples73
09-26-2013, 01:01 AM
I've always heard it as a ghost cat, not a demon cat. Supposedly it's spotted before someone dies.
i read about that it starts out as a kitten then grows big like a bear or loin type in wihte house demon cat.

mrsmig
09-26-2013, 01:02 AM
Like any ghost story, there are variants on the theme.

dimples73
09-26-2013, 01:07 AM
Like any ghost story, there are variants on the theme.
exactly

dimples73
09-26-2013, 01:28 AM
Doesn't Canada have any historical ghosts? Mexico and the USA are infested with them! --s6
yeah lots of places in Canada has ghost stories

shakeysix
09-26-2013, 01:55 AM
Whenever I visit a historical place or a museum I always ask the guides if they have any ghost stories. One of the best came from James Thurber's house in Columbus Ohio--seems that the ghost still gets in from time to time--s6

Xelebes
09-26-2013, 01:59 AM

Haunted houses are not much part of our lore here. There are some houses that are supposedly haunted, however it seems to be an imported lore. Ghost boats are big here though (Cremation of Sam McGee, The Flying Canoe, etc.)

shakeysix
09-26-2013, 03:28 AM
The Cremation of Sam McGee--wasn't that a poem by Robert Service? We read it in grade school--s6

Charging Boar
09-29-2013, 04:54 AM

I'm pretty sure its demon cat because it is the "Washington D.C."