• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Beta for NA contemporary Romantic Suspense (willing to swap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sophiab

Registered
Reaction score
EDIT: I found some great Beta's!

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to read this and possibly become a beta reader.

I currently have a manuscript that stands at around 92K and I'm still cutting. It is a contemporary romantic suspense with some elements of mystery and erotica. Basically, I need someone to help me tighten it up and get to the meat of it and stop twiddling about with extra elements. The story is Multi pov and focuses around 2 main characters that come from rather dysfunctional families, and one of them is lying to the other from the get go. It is the first of what will be 2 books, I don't think it needs to become a trilogy.

My ideal beta reader would be someone who can be brutally honest (no meanies though, please) and help me to catch plot errors and hopefully move this thing forward.

I myself would love to do a trade with someone that has written anything with romance in it and I'll even go for paranormal. However, I don't want to go into sci fi or fantasy.

I'm a fast reader myself and I'd like this to be done within a month to 6 weeks. I reply quickly and don't just drop off the face of the earth. I think it would be best to trade the first few chapters first and see if we're a good match, then go from there. If you're up for the fun challenge, let me know. Thanks!

Last edited:

anniede

Registered
Reaction score
Website
anne-keller.com
Hi Sophia. I'd love to be one of your beta readers. I too am writing a modern day romance novel, though it's not quite ready yet. I was editing it when I realized that the ending was too slow so I have all of Act 3 to redo. (Ugh!) Maybe I can read yours first and when I have a rough draft done, forward you my manuscript? I'm hoping to have something roughed up in the next week. When it's done, it'll probably end up being around 65,000 to 70,000 words. The first few chapters are ready so we can at least do that part if you want. ;-)

Anne

Last edited:

isitkind

Registered
Reaction score
If

I would be willing to give you feedback on a chapter or two. PM me if you want to discuss or send.

Status
Not open for further replies.