stuff someone should invent....

Status
Not open for further replies.

preyer

excessively spartan
Registered
Reaction score
while waiting for the Internet II to come out (hm, wonder if they'll call it Internet 2.0?), i was thinking about what things should be invented (and, damnit, i missed that 'american idol' show coming out with inventors cuz i'd have been there in a minute ~ how do people find out about these things?).

here's a short list of things that should be invented:

1) a car stereo that has a rewind button for live radio, kind of like TiVo or DVR. how many times have you started your car to catch the last twelve seconds of a great song then listen to five crap songs afterwards? and i'm sure i can't be the only one who listens to some songs repeatedly, over and over and over again, can i?

2) a vacuum cleaner for under a hundred bucks that still works like new six months down the line. heaven forbid i get what i pay for, but i come a little closer by staying away from anything that has the word 'dirt' and 'devil' in the brand name.

3) smokeless cigarettes. actually, this has already been invented about, oh, a hundred years or so ago. in this age of political correctness and the absolutely ridiculous lies being spouted by anti-smoking crusaders and second-hand smoke, this could be a viable alternative to use in smoke-free (ironic how that term bans a legal substance and happens to use the word 'free' in it) establishments.

4) wristwatch lie-detectors you can use to guage if someone else is lying. you can really buy phone with lie detectors built-in, but that's costly and useless if you're not talking on the phone. i need to know right here and now and in person if someone is lying.

5) male crotch deodorant. a spray on, please.

6) jujyfruits that doesn't stick to your teeth.

7) cars that run on human waste. (this will insure my taco bell stock with rise a 100,000%. hell, i could almost skip the human part and throw a bean burrito right into the tank.)

8) inexpensive miniature clones to do all our menial tasks. miniature because they'd eat less and take less room to house, and inexpensive because i plan on having them do lots of dangerous tasks, not to mention have little gladiator fights in my kiddie pool for my amusement.

9) a private government people can pay to get into if you're accepted, but actually works.

10) inexpensive projection t.v.'s with real definition. who really wants a giant 65" monstrosity taking up a huge amount of space (and putting quite a wallop on your budget) if you don't have to?

11) is asking for some generous government and/or corporation to come up with some cheap kind of life-sustaining paste to keep the world from starving to death too much to ask?

12) supertrees that cleans ten times the amount of air.

13) this is more just for me, but i want a tombstone that plays my favourite songs really loud so that when/if people visit, they can blast 'kashmir' and rock out while dancing on my grave. yeah, that's probably just me.

14) a guitar fretboard that lights up underneath to help people play songs. (this is actually a kick asss idea. i think it's kind of been done like in children's toys, but as far as i know nothing serious has ever been made. hm, come to think of it, i might check into this, so it's mine, all mine! :))

15) remote control everything.

16) high-powered air nozels built into the shower so i can dry off in seconds.

17) surveillance camera jammers. sure, criminals would love this, but my point is i don't like the idea of being watched as i walk down the street. call me crazy. in fact, if the worst thing i'm called in a day is crazy i'm usually doing all right. still, even if i'm not, by chance, doing anything wrong, i don't think it's anyone's business watching me live my life without my permission. i do reserve the right to know if i'm being lied to, however.

18) individual constitution and bills of rights which has to be accepted within reason.

19) non-addictive heroine in chocolate form.

20) nerf suppositories.

21) star wars-like probe droids searching out specific criminals.

22) a computer programme that allows me to destroy the source of all pop-up ads.

23) air-conditioned underwear.

24) child shock collars.

25) penis or bust enlarging cigarettes.

threedogpeople

This is my BEST side!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
threedogpeople.blogspot.com
An answering machine that my parents will use.

A spray that causes poop to disappear (this was done in a movie but it is a GREAT idea).

Cheaper alternative energy options. I would love to get off the grid but it is so expensive.

A calorie free chocolate (that tastes great).

special needs

Resident Airhead
Registered
Reaction score
An eraser that works!

Over-the-counter, 100 percent efficient, birth control pills that taste like dippin dots.

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
How about a breathalyzer for your cell phone so as to prevent drunk dialing?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A credit card that lets you change its account number online anytime you want.

Lantern Jack

My kitten knows kung-fu!
Registered
Reaction score
I'VE GOT IT:

A machine that freezes time after someone throws an acid remark your way. Then you can run home, pace around for a few hours before the escritoire, conjure up a mean comeback, then race back, unfreeze time and dominate your foe totally with your spontaneous wit!

Yeah! I'd buy one:e2apple:

Optimus

Banned
Reaction score
preyer said:
here's a short list of things that should be invented:

1) a car stereo that has a rewind button for live radio, kind of like TiVo or DVR. how many times have you started your car to catch the last twelve seconds of a great song then listen to five crap songs afterwards? and i'm sure i can't be the only one who listens to some songs repeatedly, over and over and over again, can i?

Bah. Who needs the radio? Just buy a radio with an MP3 player plug-in. I honestly haven't listened to the radio (except talk radio) consistently in years. There's never anything good on.

2) a vacuum cleaner for under a hundred bucks that still works like new six months down the line. heaven forbid i get what i pay for, but i come a little closer by staying away from anything that has the word 'dirt' and 'devil' in the brand name.
How about a Dyson! Eh...I dunno if they really work as advertised, but the guy on the commercials seems really pumped about vacuums.

4) wristwatch lie-detectors you can use to guage if someone else is lying. you can really buy phone with lie detectors built-in, but that's costly and useless if you're not talking on the phone. i need to know right here and now and in person if someone is lying.
You don't need a watch. If the girl's lips are moving, she's lying.

;)

(oh, I'm gonna get flogged for that one I'm sure).

5) male crotch deodorant. a spray on, please.
Um...how about female crotch flavoring so that some girls don't taste like sticking your tongue on the head of a rusty 9-Volt battery.

6) jujyfruits that doesn't stick to your teeth.
And sour Skittles that are a bit softer.

8) Inexpensive miniature clones to do all our menial tasks...
Ooh, I'd like some that will take my tests for me.

12) supertrees that cleans ten times the amount of air.
...and are so strong idiots can't cut them down.

13) this is more just for me, but i want a tombstone that plays my favourite songs really loud so that when/if people visit, they can blast 'kashmir' and rock out while dancing on my grave. yeah, that's probably just me.
Hmm...neat idea. I'd probably like to have some sort of urinal cake on my tombstone for all the people who come to p!ss on it.

14) a guitar fretboard that lights up underneath to help people play songs. (this is actually a kick asss idea. i think it's kind of been done like in children's toys, but as far as i know nothing serious has ever been made. hm, come to think of it, i might check into this, so it's mine, all mine! :))

Too late. This idea is about 15 years old. They used to sell them on TV. They still sell them in some guitar stores (I saw one in a Guitar Center in Atlanta once). They have black fretboards with red LED lights underneath each fret. There's a switch on the body which you can set to learn different scales and modes, and the lights adjust accordingly. I was really wanting to buy one when I was in high school, but I eventually decided it'd be a lot cheaper to just invest in a good scales and modes book.

20) nerf suppositories.
...and nerf thongs and panties. I dunno why. It just sounds fun for me (from a guy's POV).

25) penis or bust enlarging cigarettes.

I'd smoke 10 packs a day.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
a hand held string trimmer so I could get close enough to the good plants to

quit whacking their heads off.

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
A PAIN FREE zipper that could be placed on a woman's abdomen so that when the baby (babies) are done cooking you just unzip and yank then out. (This is NOT a caesarean section)

Better yet. An aquarium that grows babies like in Brave New World so mom's didn't have to have all the nasty side effects.

preyer

excessively spartan
Registered
Reaction score
yeah, i'd also love to be able to afford a dyson, too, lol.

they did a guitar like that, huh? hm, interesting. my thoughts about it were probably a bit more fantastic in that experienced players could use it to learn and record songs with (what guitarist *wouldn't* want a cheap device that could play back something (and remember the notes) instantly?) and as a learning device for newbies. of course, it's not meant to supplant other learning aids. the next trick is to make it affordable, easy and as high a quality fretboard as a normal one.

crotch... for men. heh heh. see, i'm a genius and didn't know it.

why a replay button on the car radio? because songs you don't expect to hear somehow sound better than the ones you know are going to play.

lemme see if i can add a few more.... hm, might even get a little 'blue' here, so y'all've been warned....

high-end sex dolls but that have warmth, wetness and some basic robotic movement. it's time has come.

tattooes whose inks disappears in five years, so you can make your statement (which is typically, 'look at me, everyone, i'm a follower just like you!'), but you don't have to live with stupid crap tatooes like tribals or barb wire biceps.

laffy taffy that makes you laffy. this isn't much of a problem for some people, but there definitely needs to be an adult strength dosage of the good stuff.

a surgical procedure that replaces dead taste buds. why should stupid kids be able to taste chocolate better than we do?

miniature lightsabres to cut hair and open boxes with.

full-size lightsabres to cut hair and open people with.

anti-gravity cars. c'mon, how hard can it be? 'course, people would still crash into one another, but now they'd also have a long fall to survive, too. nerf pavement would help with that.

a country whose national flag is tie-dyed.

vibrating condoms.

mechanical prostates. that vibrate.

vibrating tampons. probably not really that great of an idea.

new fruits and vegetables. don't you ever get tired of the same ones all the time?

teleporters that work. mine are for sh!t.

self-hammering nails.

a driver's license that also serves as membership and credit cards. who needs all those damn cards? your license has a metallic strip on it, so that and a PIN number should be all you need to use. ever.

giftcards for tithing at church.

phone-in confessionals.

i could probably add a few more, but i've got work to do (or what i call work, at least).... :)

Kevin Yarbrough

Will write for peace of mind
Registered
Reaction score
They have already got hoover cars out, they just aren't out in the public yet.

What we really need is a spray that makes us look attractive to the opposite sex.

Condoms that turn a different color when they have a hole or break.

Love androids for the opposite sex challenged.

Clothes that can change colors.

Self drying jacket and shoes.

A device that would make your children listen to you.

A cure for Autism.

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still trippin' over that zit lamp.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Vibrating condoms? Patent that idea, preyer!

Status
Not open for further replies.