totalmarketing.com and Erotica Authors

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
Sorry if this is the wrong place. *Winces*. I think this should go in the bewares section (although I'm not too sure about that at all either).

I was wondering if any of you have been contacted by totalmarketing(.)com on behalf of their client, adameve (.) com (adult store).

I'm used to keeping a watch out for Grammarly, but this one is new to me. I've done the usual searches on AW, but can't find anything on totalmarketing.com themselves.

A google search on scams brings up some interesting finds, I was just wondering if any other erotica authors here are being asked for ad space/editorials on the their website from this promotions platform? (I have both a blog and a website, but this has come with my website address).

:Shrug:

Thanks for any input :)

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Adam and Eve is approaching a lot of bloggers to place ads or posts. They are probably looking to boost their page rank. The pay rate is okay, although I have not actually received my payment yet. If you don't mind advertising a sex goods store, I think it is probably on the up and up.

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
Adam and Eve is approaching a lot of bloggers to place ads or posts. They are probably looking to boost their page rank. The pay rate is okay, although I have not actually received my payment yet. If you don't mind advertising a sex goods store, I think it is probably on the up and up.

That's really interesting to hear, veinglory. Thank you for that info. :) I give ad space to the Romance Reviews, (although I've yet to use their free ad etc).

Sex shops? Hmmm. I've got no beef with sex shops.

Last edited:

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
Adam and Eve (as I recall) can get spammy now and again. But they've been around quite a long time in Internet years, and they *do* sell what they offer.

They're not a scam, at least.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
They are a webstore of long-standing and not likely to be ripping off any customers you send them. If course the link they click is likely to show lots of colorful dildos etc. So it will be appropriate for some blogs and not others.

Last edited:

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
FWIW, Adam and Eve predates their website by a good two decades. We hadn't been married long when we bought a little something from them, and received discretely mailed catalogues for years.

Maryn, that old

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
So it would just be keeping an eye on the middleman here who's acting on their behalf? totalmarketing.com?

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
FWIW, Adam and Eve predates their website by a good two decades. We hadn't been married long when we bought a little something from them, and received discretely mailed catalogues for years.

Maryn, that old

I think it's because I'm from the UK and they're US(?) I hadn't heard of them (I really need to get out more). :)

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Someone from Adam & Eve contacted me recently about having a paid advertisement on my blog. They were open, upfront, and honest about what they wanted. In the end, I decided not to go with them, because I'm not certain a writing blog that doubles as an art venue needed adult products on it.

Also, though A&E stuff is well-made for its main purpose, it's generally not to the level of art that I would pick if I were featuring sex aids. I want things that are stunningly-lovely pieces by themselves: mokume-gane sounds of gold and steel, borosilicate glass dildos and plugs, deliciously-erotic but subtle jewelry.

Wanders off to look at eye-candy...

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
Someone from Adam & Eve contacted me recently about having a paid advertisement on my blog. They were open, upfront, and honest about what they wanted. In the end, I decided not to go with them, because I'm not certain a writing blog that doubles as an art venue needed adult products on it.

Also, though A&E stuff is well-made for its main purpose, it's generally not to the level of art that I would pick if I were featuring sex aids. I want things that are stunningly-lovely pieces by themselves: mokume-gane sounds of gold and steel, borosilicate glass dildos and plugs, deliciously-erotic but subtle jewelry.

Wanders off to look at eye-candy...

I don't mind the likes of Adam and Eve, although my wish-list for advertising would be Andrei vishnyakov's photography. *Huge Grin* I love his photography.

KimJo

Outside the box, with the werewolves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
karennacolcroft.com
They contacted me in 2012 about placing a post on my blog, and were completely flexible about sending me something that fit the criteria I sent them (so it would fit with the theme of my blog). I received payment in a timely manner as well.

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
They contacted me in 2012 about placing a post on my blog, and were completely flexible about sending me something that fit the criteria I sent them (so it would fit with the theme of my blog). I received payment in a timely manner as well.

That's another plus. Thank you, Kimjo. :) I've seen some of the samples and they're not too bad at all.

K. Q. Watson

Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
One of the Podcasts I listen to use an Adam & Eve promo at the beginning of each of their casts. Their deal if you use the promo code (DROME), is good if you order in the US.

Fallen

Stood at the coalface
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jacklpyke.com
One of the Podcasts I listen to use an Adam & Eve promo at the beginning of each of their casts. Their deal if you use the promo code (DROME), is good if you order in the US.

That's a lot of advertising they're doing. :)