Reader Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score

Last edited:

cool_st_elizabeth

Last person who isn't on Facebook
Registered
Reaction score
I have a blog at Amazon. I've only posted in it one time. I *think* it has improved my sales a little but I can't say for sure.

Of course, having read your article, I'll keep my Amazon blog postings to a minimum, and write in it only when I have something important to say. I don't like spam either, and wouldn't want to antagonize the people who have already purchased my book.

LightShadow

defender of the blahs!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Good info. I have had a lot of fun with my site and blog. The key, too, is getting your name out so that people know to check it out. Forums are good. I also have business cards with my website address on them and talk to people all the time about my writing and hand out cards. I've handed out over 500 cards, and have more on order. It's a good way to get yourself known, especially if what you are writing is controversal. People love to talk about controversy.

Queen Bee

LightShadow, have you added your blog to listings of authors blogs? authorsblogs.com and blogsforauthors.com I'm pretty sure listings are free.

Queen Bee

Also, have you considered getting together with other bloggers to do interviews of each other or talk about each others work? I'm not talking a community blog but almost more of a web ring kind of thing. One author mentioned this idea to me a year or so ago and I thought it sounded great. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.