Pastor Terry Jones planned on burning a Qu'ran for each victim of 9/11; arrested first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
Yeah, a massive douche. He does it in order to provoke violence. I don't condone any of the violence that results from his constitutionally-protected speech, but it's what he wants to happen.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
Remember that opening scene from Cheech and Chong's Next Movie? They are siphoning gas into a garbage can, get soaked in gasoline and then light up a joint... Wouldn't it be funny if... Ahhh, wishful thinking but thank God the police got that sanctimonious moron off the street with his trailer of propane soaked books. --s6

Last edited:

Emilander

Banned
Reaction score
Same shit, different day. How is having a biggest asshole competition going to honor the memory of the people killed that day? Is inciting violence really a valid strategy to prove moral superiority?

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
If they're already soaked with accelerant, give him permission.

As long as it's inside the Westboro Baptist Church.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Insufferable douchenozzle.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This guy is such a desperate little attention junkie. Pathetic.

I don't know - I think he sees himself as a martyr, doing his bit to bring about the End Times or something. I wish he wouldn't get the publicity, though.

muravyets

Old revolutionary
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I don't know - I think he sees himself as a martyr, doing his bit to bring about the End Times or something. I wish he wouldn't get the publicity, though.
Maybe, I don't really care. I just can't help but notice he does an awful lot of smug grandstanding with his martyrdom attempts.

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
Maybe, I don't really care. I just can't help but notice he does an awful lot of smug grandstanding with his martyrdom attempts.

What sticks in the craw in particular is that he isn't trying to martyr himself. He's hoping that other people will get killed unwillingly, so that he can point at the savages responsible and preach his own superiority. It's disgusting.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I suppose martyrdom is the ultimate in publicity-seeking, really...

ETA: Yes, Torgo - good point. Whatever his thinking, he is loathsome.

Last edited:

muravyets

Old revolutionary
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
What sticks in the craw in particular is that he isn't trying to martyr himself. He's hoping that other people will get killed unwillingly, so that he can point at the savages responsible and preach his own superiority. It's disgusting.
I think that, too. In fact, I think he's a vicious, self-aggrandizing shit.

dfwtinman

Cubic Zirconia in the rough
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Moron.

On the free speech issue, however, it should be noted that he was charged with unlawful conveyance of fuel, a felony, and with unlawful open-carry of a firearm, a misdemeanor.

If burning the flag is protected speech, so must this be. Engendering generalized contempt for others doesn't amount to incitement.

That said, you are free to use your right of free speech to prove once and for all time that you are a disgusting troll. Mission accomplished.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.