PDA

View Full Version : Does cousin-loving count as incest?

Lantern Jack
02-20-2006, 06:45 PM
Just curious.

Raida
02-20-2006, 06:51 PM
Well, this is the definition from Dictionary.com:

Sexual relations between persons who are so closely related that their marriage is illegal or forbidden by custom.
The statutory crime of sexual relations with such a near relative.
So my guess would be...um, yeah!

Lantern Jack
02-20-2006, 06:53 PM

Sexual relations between persons who are so closely related that their marriage is illegal or forbidden by custom.

Damn...I mean, good to know.

WerenCole
02-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Holy schnikies! You mean. . . um. . . nevermind...http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif

Celia Cyanide
02-20-2006, 07:32 PM

Not to get technical, but would that mean that in that movie Hawaii, it was't really incest, because it was allowed, and even expected?

Not that I care, but I've been reading VC Andrews lately.

PattiTheWicked
02-20-2006, 07:38 PM
I don't know, I've got a second cousin who looked like Brad Pitt when we were teenagers. I'd have happily thrown down with that any time.

'Course, he was my SECOND cousin, and it's not like we're close or anything.

I wonder if he still looks like that...

maestrowork
02-20-2006, 07:53 PM
You can choose whom to love and not love. However, what you choose to do about that is up to you.

scarletpeaches
02-20-2006, 08:00 PM
It's legal, here anyway (Scotland). We're all inbred munters, just like the royal family.

Royale With Cheese
02-20-2006, 08:02 PM
You are alowed to marry your second cousin so I don't think that counts.

johnnysannie
02-20-2006, 08:03 PM
In the US, state laws vary. I think some places it's legal, some it's not but I'm not sure.

I do know that my inlaws were actually cousins - not first cousins but cousins all the same. I learned that doing a family tree for my kids! Then of course, one of my cousin's ex-wife married my other cousin so that both my grandmothers are great-grandmother to the same woman's kids!!!

September skies
02-20-2006, 08:18 PM
my first was a cousin - ok, second cousin - but still, looking back....ewwww.
(our families were quite close)

But all this reminds me of that "You know you're a redneck" -- Jeff Foxworthy
"If you might attend family reunions to pick up chicks"

Kevin Yarbrough
02-20-2006, 08:39 PM
If you can't keep it in the pants keep it in the family.

Lantern Jack
02-20-2006, 08:43 PM
Not to get technical, but would that mean that in that movie Hawaii, it was't really incest, because it was allowed, and even expected?

Not that I care, but I've been reading VC Andrews lately.

Rachel, bad news: I was comparing our family trees and, hmmm, the roots are a mite bit more tangled than at first we did conceive.

Cue Dueling Banjos :e2slap:

scarletpeaches
02-20-2006, 08:55 PM
You are alowed to marry your second cousin so I don't think that counts.

Actually we're allowed to marry our first cousin.

Jaycinth
02-20-2006, 09:35 PM
I seem to recall from some research I did that the USA is one of the few countries where marrying a first cousin is a real no-no.

The original reasons were because of in-breeding...which may not be a bad thing if you are tying to fix certain genetic tendencies. But until recently it wasn't possible to weed out potentially fatal tendencies so most communities frowned on it because past communities did not have the resources to care for those whose inbreeding made them total dependents on community good will.

Personally, though, when I think about my male relatives.....I only want to mate way outside the family... way way way outside. Very.!

On a different note...I have a red file folder to:) day!

maestrowork
02-20-2006, 09:38 PM
The original reasons were because of in-breeding...which may not be a bad thing if you are tying to fix certain genetic tendencies. But until recently it wasn't possible to weed out potentially fatal tendencies so most communities frowned on it because past communities did not have the resources to care for those whose inbreeding made them total dependents on community good will.

So if you use a condom or any kinds of birth control, it wouldn't be a problem...

Gotcha.

Kevin Yarbrough
02-20-2006, 11:00 PM
So if you use a condom or any kinds of birth control, it wouldn't be a problem...

Gotcha.

But you know what they look like when they wake up. No make-up. Hair a mess. Teeth not brushed. Ewwwwww.

maestrowork
02-20-2006, 11:02 PM
But you know what they look like when they wake up. No make-up. Hair a mess. Teeth not brushed. Ewwwwww.

And your point? Sounds like our normal spouses...

StoryG27
02-20-2006, 11:12 PM
This topic brings back many memories of summers by the lake. I had a juvenile crush on my cousin while I was growing up. I only saw him once a year for two weeks at a time and nothing ever happened, but he sure was cute and so much fun to hang out with. It makes me laugh to think back on it now.

Kevin Yarbrough
02-20-2006, 11:18 PM
And your point? Sounds like our normal spouses...

But you didn't know all of that when you first hooked up with your spouses/S.O. You learned that after you been with them awhile, maybe already did the do. If it is your family member then you know this before that and if you do the do you might have that image in your head.

Could you picture your cousin buck neeked on top of you, hair all dissheveled, no make-up, funky breath saying....

"Ohhhh, Maestro. Maestro, do it to me cuz."

Some of my cousins the bad breath alone would be more than enough to make me buck their a$$es in the floor.

maestrowork
02-20-2006, 11:27 PM
Don't know what you're talking about. My cousins all look like Zi-Yi Zhang in Memoirs of a Geisha. ;)

jst5150
02-20-2006, 11:41 PM
Just curious.

... because ... you've got a lot of cousins you need to try the hypothesis out on to bust through on a master's thesis?

Look at Prince Charles. Those are B-2 wing-sized ears his sporting. As Eddie Izzard said, "The gene pool's so watered down. 'Oh, you're a plumber. What on EARTH is that?' No more genes in the pool for you royals." Camilla is not exactly sporting all 46 chromes, either.

Jack's next post will say, "OK, thanks for the incest info. Moving onto pets ..." ;-)

Kevin Yarbrough
02-21-2006, 12:43 AM
Don't know what you're talking about. My cousins all look like Zi-Yi Zhang in Memoirs of a Geisha. ;)

If my cousins looked like her I would be banging them at the family reunions on the picnic tables. I don't care if Grandma and Grandpa was there or not, just make sure they got their teeth out of the way before throwing them down.

"Nope, cuz, that wasn't a bottle of KC Masterpeice you felt."

NeuroFizz
02-21-2006, 12:48 AM
Just curious.
Is this why your parents want to cart you off to South Carolina?

eldragon
02-21-2006, 01:15 AM

We are not all created equal, that's for sure.

I myself look pretty good au natural.

jst5150
02-21-2006, 01:22 AM
We are not all created equal, that's for sure.

I myself look pretty good au natural.

So, are you saying you want to be Jack's cousin? Or did I follow the logic path too far and stumble into the wizard of Oz's control room? ;-)

eldragon
02-21-2006, 05:57 AM
No, I was answering KY's (I said KY,) post, which said :

But I wouldn't mind having a cousin like Lantern Jack. It sure beats my real cousins, who are:

Holier Than Thou
Perfect
Extremely blemished with lots of acne scars
Perfect
Religious
Perfect

And, did I mention that they are all perfect? No teenage pregnancies, no divorces, no cheating spouses. Everyone goes to church and lives in a ranch style 3/2 house in a good neighborhood. They all grow up and go to college, get their teaching degree and get married. After a few years, they get pregnant and start the cycle of perfection all over again.

Yes, Having a cousin like Lantern Jack would be much more interesting.

Simon Woodhouse
02-21-2006, 08:16 AM
Redneck 'meet my sister and my wife.' He steps aside and there's one girl there.

Lantern Jack
02-21-2006, 09:27 AM

Oh, you suck! I have such a Zhang fixation it's not even funny! She'd probably take one look at me and spinning back kick me into the next millenium!:D