Books you wish were translated...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachel Udin

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.racheludin.com
I, personally, have a slew of books I would love translated into other languages. Mostly 'cause it would even the playing field on PoCs domestically (US). And I want to read them rather than learn other languages (On top of the ones I have.)

My List:
http://www.hanbooks.com/adofbogimi.html
I want to read that... Not only is it stereotypically not Korean in the US's mind and looks funny, but clearly has some feminism for it.

- Moon Embracing the Sun.

- Samguk Sagi (Only partially translated)

- Coffee Prince

- Tiny Times (Chinese--Mandarin)

- Personal Preference

- http://www.hanbooks.com/hal.html

- And a slew of Japanese books as well... (though specific titles escape me atm). Mostly because I saw a drama that mentioned them as high literature, but I never got to read them and they aren't in English...

There are some German books I also saw listed, but aren't translated. But got translated into Korean... (Which I can read in a limited fashion).

- And then that book about Horror that was mentioned in another thread in PoC. I want to read that too.

Anyone else have books on their wishlist they wish were translated?

kevinwaynewilliams

Be blunt: I appreciate it
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, I have a handful of books that I wish I understood the process for getting people interested in having me translate. I have a number of Dutch crime novels that I think would do well in English translation, but I've never figured out the process for getting the ball rolling.

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
I have a slew of Japanese mangas and light novels (do those count too?) that I have been waiting for a long time to have translated and published in America.

bearilou

DenturePunk writer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world
They are just not translating Andrzej Sapkowski's The Witcher Saga Series books fast enough for me. I've considered learning Polish just to read them. There for a while it was looking like they weren't going to do anymore. *cue panic* But they've just released another book in English. whew!

Barring that, brushing up on my dreadful German and reading those translations.

Status
Not open for further replies.