PDA

View Full Version : Books you wish were translated...

Rachel Udin
09-09-2013, 07:46 AM
I, personally, have a slew of books I would love translated into other languages. Mostly 'cause it would even the playing field on PoCs domestically (US). And I want to read them rather than learn other languages (On top of the ones I have.)

My List:
http://www.hanbooks.com/adofbogimi.html
I want to read that... Not only is it stereotypically not Korean in the US's mind and looks funny, but clearly has some feminism for it.

- Moon Embracing the Sun.

- Samguk Sagi (Only partially translated)

- Coffee Prince

- Tiny Times (Chinese--Mandarin)

- Personal Preference

- http://www.hanbooks.com/hal.html

- And a slew of Japanese books as well... (though specific titles escape me atm). Mostly because I saw a drama that mentioned them as high literature, but I never got to read them and they aren't in English...

There are some German books I also saw listed, but aren't translated. But got translated into Korean... (Which I can read in a limited fashion).

- And then that book about Horror that was mentioned in another thread in PoC. I want to read that too.

Anyone else have books on their wishlist they wish were translated?

kevinwaynewilliams
09-09-2013, 09:13 AM
Actually, I have a handful of books that I wish I understood the process for getting people interested in having me translate. I have a number of Dutch crime novels that I think would do well in English translation, but I've never figured out the process for getting the ball rolling.

Missus Akasha
09-11-2013, 06:19 AM
I have a slew of Japanese mangas and light novels (do those count too?) that I have been waiting for a long time to have translated and published in America.

Rachel Udin
09-11-2013, 08:23 AM
Sure, list manga if you'd like. Also light novels definitely.

bearilou
09-15-2013, 03:47 PM
They are just not translating Andrzej Sapkowski's The Witcher Saga Series books fast enough for me. I've considered learning Polish just to read them. There for a while it was looking like they weren't going to do anymore. *cue panic* But they've just released another book in English. whew!

Barring that, brushing up on my dreadful German and reading those translations.