Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopefull writer

Registered
Reaction score
Help
Cancer is such a confussing thing as there are so many sorts. I have a charecter who is termilay ill with cancer but other then being very tired I dotn know what some of the symptoms might be. You see her grandaughter has to eventually get clued in at firsts she just thinks her naps are odd, that there is nothing to worry about.So if anyone could help me make my story realistic that would be of great help.
Thankyou

Tish Davidson

Registered
Reaction score
Many of the early noticeable signs of cancer come from the treatment. Radiation therapy makes people's hair fall out. Chemotherapy makes them nauseated and weak and they often lose weight. Check out the American Cancer Society website at www.cancer.org for more ideas of signs and symptoms. They vary among cancers - e.g. a person with lung cancer is likely to cough a lot.

johnnysannie

Banned
Reaction score
Website
leeannsontheimermurphywriterauthor.blogspot.com
Various types of cancers do indeed have varying symptoms. I'm not sure if the grandmother is diagnosed with cancer and the granddaughter doesn't know or if no one is aware of the disease.

Early symptoms of most types of cancer can include fatigue, unexplained weight loss, and unusual bleeding.

spike

Mostly Ignored
Registered
Reaction score
Website
oddgoose.blogspot.com
My husband died from a brain tumor.

Different types of cancer have different symptoms, but you can PM me if you'd like more details about our experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.