• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta/crit/writing buddy needed - Area of interest = Romance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathl33n

Questioning Everything
Registered
Reaction score
I have two books that will probably end up being in a Stand Alone Trilogy, if there is such a thing (book three is still in planning stages).

Here is my problem:

I have a few wonderful betas reading book 1 and helping me with it, BUT I am worried about book 2. I want them to be Stand Alone, but they are part of a series, too.

I don't want book 2 to have too many annoying references to book one that would irritate readers that did read book 1.

BUT, I also want book 2 to make sense. I'd like to touch lightly on things that would be considered "need to know, (from book 1)" but for it to make sense to a reader if they didn't read book 1.

So, I need a fresh pair of eyes to read/beta/critique/be a writing buddy for book 2 (without reading book 1).

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Stan

Puzur
Registered
Reaction score
Would you like to reciprocate? I have a tread right above yours. You can see what I have there.

Kathl33n

Questioning Everything
Registered
Reaction score
Sure. I forgot to add, though, that my stories are a bit steamy. I should have posted that to begin with. Would that bother you?

I've never seen the books from the authors you have listed on your thread. As long as it's not horror, I'm fine with that.

Feel free to send me a pm with your email info.

Last edited:

Kathl33n

Questioning Everything
Registered
Reaction score
Looking for a female crit partner/writing buddy, so I can get a female's POV. Not quite ready for a beta at this point, and I'd be glad to reciprocate.

Kay

I wish I was as cool as this cat.
Registered
Reaction score
I have two books that will probably end up being in a Stand Alone Trilogy, if there is such a thing (book three is still in planning stages).

Here is my problem:

I have a few wonderful betas reading book 1 and helping me with it, BUT I am worried about book 2. I want them to be Stand Alone, but they are part of a series, too.

I don't want book 2 to have too many annoying references to book one that would irritate readers that did read book 1.

BUT, I also want book 2 to make sense. I'd like to touch lightly on things that would be considered "need to know, (from book 1)" but for it to make sense to a reader if they didn't read book 1.

So, I need a fresh pair of eyes to read/beta/critique/be a writing buddy for book 2 (without reading book 1).

Thanks!!

I am in the same boat! Have you considere entering book 2 in the Beta Project? Entries are due by midnight Friday. I entered even though my ms isn't complete. What I do have is polished, and at least I'll be able to get feedback as to whether or not book 2 can stand alone.

Check it out. You're not required to have to beta read for someone unless you want to, just give feedback on the first 750 words.

K.Bristow

Somewhere between sanity & jumping
Registered
Reaction score
Kathl33n,
I have a trilogy that I worked as a stand alone trilogy and I'm working on a series of 12 all of which I am working as stand alone in a series. I love beta reading and would read both (in whatever state of done and whichever order you chose first) and let you know if I think you nailed the stand alone. I read fast...ok really fast and as I am currently unemployed it perfect. PM me if you are game. Thanks!

Shelley-Bell

Been here a while getting braver !
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Kathleen
I am fairly new here as you can probably see but am an avid romance / erotica fan (so fine with steamy)
I am not a writer but am here looking for beta / critting / just reading and giving an opinion type work.
I'd be happy to read Book 2 as a stand alone and give some feedback. I have just finished a romance novel for another lady, which had gone through several beta's and she just wanted a readers opinion, I've picked up a small point but just loved it for the simple enjoyment of a story which I shall feed back to her.
Give me a shout if I can help in anyway
Shelley

Status
Not open for further replies.