Peeve Petting 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMBarclay

HOW TO PET YOUR PEEVE –

Or, Giving ‘Road Kill’ A Good Name . . .

I once owned a ‘ferret’ and was convinced that there was nothing on earth that could be more useless. That was until I ran into my first ‘peeve’! At least the ferret went to sleep and was, in that state, sort of cute. I could get in my car and leave the ferret at home. I could give my ferret away (don’t bother trying to sell one). You very seldom saw a ferret out and about. But, a peeve, they never sleep. No matter where you go, somebody has their peeve with them, always. You cannot even pay somebody to take a peeve. A ferret gets into your brain, however, you can go to sleep and dream about something else. A peeve gets under your skin and there is no ointment known to man that will get rid of it. As usual, man refuses to ask woman about this as they just might have a solution . . . but I digress.

It doesn’t matter what kind of peeve they have either. They can have the verb kind of peeve that is described as being “annoying” or “resentful”, and that is their good side. They can have the noun type of peeve whose best features are noted as being; “A vexation; a grievance.” Knowing this, why in Sam’s hell do so many people have one, some even have several? And, just how do you pet one?

Now, given the most liberal description of a peeve makes you want to smack your own forehead in bewilderment, one would think there would be a few laws at least attempting to control them. One would think that anyone with a peeve would be required to leave it at home or at the very least keep it on a leash. But, nooooo . . . no such laws exist and the damn things just run amok. And, if an amok is not enough all by itself, a peeve running amok has to be the most irritating of irritants. Well, maybe second to that sentence, but you get the point.

So, just how do you know when someone has their peeve with them? While everyone has their own thoughts on this subject, I can give you a real good idea of a few of them; first merely having one in the car can cause the driver to sit idly, blocking a long line of traffic, while they wait for someone to pull out of a parking space . . . one spot from a completely open space! It seems that anyone with a peeve simply refuses to walk an extra four steps for their physical health or the mental health of the twenty drivers waiting to get on with their lives.

Another sure sign that someone has brought their peeve with them is their refusal to replace their shopping cart where they got it in the first place or even leave it in a blatantly marked ‘corral’ for such use. Apparently in order to keep their peeve from going completely berserk, they are required to park the offending cart directly behind your parked car or squarely in the middle of the adjacent open space. The fact that you may go completely berserk not withstanding.

Other signs that someone is driving with their peeve, unrestrained, is the fact that they cannot remotely find their turn signal or bother to notice that a traffic light had turned ‘red’ 200 feet before they got to the intersection. Having a peeve in the car also requires the driver to wear ear plugs so they only notice the windows shaking, but are oblivious to the bombastic level of the nauseating bass solo accompanying gagging rap references to someone’s Mother. Of course you might not notice the ear muffs at all if the windows are not up because the embarrassment of having their peeve with them makes them tent their windows darker than a moon eclipse.

This leaves us with the question of how to pet a peeve? Resisting the sudden urge to ‘key’ the offending morons’ car or liposuck their tires, the very best way to stroke the offending peeve pervert is to wave passionately at them (here I will note that this should be done with the entire hand and not just one part of it), get their attention and then mouth “Thank You” and continue driving. While this may have absolutely no affect on them or their peeve, it will go a long way in helping you remember who the rational human being is and that no peeve is worth losing ones sanity over.

Of course, if that doesn’t work, dead peeve is at the very top of the road kill delicacy list. Yum, yum . . . :rofl

T. Michael Barclay

acetachyon

Re: ?? ?? ??

My peeve's name is Barclay, after the character in Next Generation.

He sits on my shoulder when I write and sometimes plays with the cats. They like him. They bat him around and Barclay rolls across the carpet and laughs. His laugh sounds like tiny mewing. That gets the cats started and pretty soon, they're mewing all over the house. Sometimes, he chirps. The cats copy him and soon, they're all chirping.

When he finishing his mewing and chirping and rolling about on the carpet, he sits on my head and goes to sleep.

He likes granola bars and hates Britney Spears.

Barclay is a good peeve.

TMBarclay

Your Pet Peeve

. . . And they said you couldn't get insightfull comments on this site :shrug

Thanks for reading and the reply . . .

T. Michael

Kida Adelyn

Re: Your Pet Peeve

:rofl This is great! :rofl
:clap :clap :clap

Status
Not open for further replies.