Is this surveilance camera video real? Not a staged fake? (And what has she been smoking?)

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
It's 90 seconds long, definitely not safe for work (she starts cursing at him). It's a lady on a rampage. It was posted just 3 days ago and has amassed over 3 millions hits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF0IhyAasWw

EDIT: First video has been deleted. Alternative links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNL_3Bc8u10

Extended version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g-xB_n1RHw

She says to the McDonald's drive-thru attendant "Don't make me assume my ultimate form!" As if she's threatening to transform herself into a lycanthrope or a catwoman and get all mythical jungle-beast in his face.

My sniff test says it's real.

I suspect it might be another bath salts case, although maybe not because I thought bath salts cases involved brute animalistic behavior, void of such overt delusions and elaborate verbal arguments. (I could be wrong.)

Thoughts?

::ETA::

Okay, I did some digging. Turns out this is a very old video (from 2010). Happened in Toledo.

http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=396613#.UiMsqL7D87A

But I am now suspecting that the real surveillance video was a zero-sound video, and that here, three years later, someone decided to write a script and dub it all with actors (friends).

EDIT: Found this interesting news story (also in video format).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irHXfdWqrpA

Last edited:

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Old vid or not, this person had a serious case of low blood sugar.

Or maybe she was just crazy.

Or something.

Tazing her would have been an appropriate response in this situation. Seriously.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I would have been out of there the second she started trying to climb through the window. Horror movies start that way.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Her ultimate-form transformation involves her skin melting away to reveal her true identity: an HK-47 assassin droid.

Angry statement: You fat meatbag, I will end you.

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
Where is Officer Big Mac when you need him?

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
But I am now suspecting that the real surveillance video was a zero-sound video, and that here, three years later, someone decided to write a script and dub it all with actors (friends).

Yes, surveillance videos don't really have sound. So I agree with you. I think the video itself was real, but not the dialog. That's disappointing, though, because the "don't make me assume my ultimate form" thing was the best part!

aimeestates

MADNESS
Registered
Reaction score
Website
yarghing.com
Yes, surveillance videos don't really have sound.

Not true--tech has come a long way. But yes, it's possibly a dub. I noticed places where she's screaming and there's no discernible movement on her face.

Last edited:

Plot Device

Registered
Reaction score
Website
There was also the total lack of the typical fast food beeps and buzzers going on in the background.

But still, ya gotta hand it to whoever wrote that script and did the dubbing -- very impressive. They truly made the whole thing seem legitimate by having her voice fade in and out of audibility whenever the sliding drive-thru window would slide shut then open again then slide shut again. (I suspect they did it with the glass sliding door off a kitchen patio in someone's private home.)

But now I have another question: could the real life woman who really did pull this hissy fit and make a damned fool of herself back in 2010 at that Toledo McDonald's now turn around and sue the pranksters who did this viral spoof-out here in 2013?

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
But now I have another question: could the real life woman who really did pull this hissy fit and make a damned fool of herself back in 2010 at that Toledo McDonald's now turn around and sue the pranksters who did this viral spoof-out here in 2013?

As a Super Saiyan, she can do anything she damn well pleases.

Plot Device

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I am also pondering the sheer genius of this viral video as a way for a total nobody (but also very talented) film/sound editor to try and get noticed and launch his career. One of the things about ANY effort at making a video which you want people to take notice of is that the sound quality is never allowed to be sub-standard. Even good old Blair Witch, whole it had mediocre video (which was kinda of called for with the whole format of the yet-to-be-named genre of "Mockumentary" which it helped pioneer) spent a huge chunk of it's overall budget trying to get a killer soundtrack. Blair Witch HAD to have awesome sound because if the sound is bad, the audience members will start looking away from the screen to ask their neighbor "What did she say?" and as soon as the audience looks away from the screen ... your done. And your movie is toast.

However, in this instance with McNugget Lady, because the sound was allegedly from a second-rate surveillance camera at a fast food joint, we the viewer made allowances in our minds to forgive any crappy instances of sub-standard sound quality.

Bloody fricking brilliant, really.

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It is true, though, about her coming to the window demanding mcnuggets when they were serving breakfast. The story about it which says she was arrested tells that much.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
I am also pondering the sheer genius of this viral video as a way for a total nobody (but also very talented) film/sound editor to try and get noticed and launch his career. One of the things about ANY effort at making a video which you want people to take notice of is that the sound quality is never allowed to be sub-standard. Even good old Blair Witch, whole it had mediocre video (which was kinda of called for with the whole format of the yet-to-be-named genre of "Mockumentary" which it helped pioneer) spent a huge chunk of it's overall budget trying to get a killer soundtrack. Blair Witch HAD to have awesome sound because if the sound is bad, the audience members will start looking away from the screen to ask their neighbor "What did she say?" and as soon as the audience looks away from the screen ... your done. And your movie is toast.

However, in this instance with McNugget Lady, because the sound was allegedly from a second-rate surveillance camera at a fast food joint, we the viewer made allowances in our minds to forgive any crappy instances of sub-standard sound quality.

Bloody fricking brilliant, really.

Word. And in the event that it is a fake, I'd be impressed with the whole thing.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The audio is fake. There is a version of the incident on some news websites (without sound).

redfalcon

Registered
Reaction score
She was just there as a diversion, the hamburgler was stuffing his duffle bag while she made a scene. They met at Wimpy's house to split the take. He is a know hamburger fence.

dfwtinman

Cubic Zirconia in the rough
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
She was just there as a diversion, the hamburgler was stuffing his duffle bag while she made a scene. They met at Wimpy's house to split the take. He is a know hamburger fence.

This is a very dangerous part of town. The corner this restaurant sits on is controlled by the Happy Meal Gang (who took it over from the Fry Kids). Then there is the freaky behavior of criminal master-mind, the Griddler. Not to mention the dread pirate, Captain Crook, who patrols the waters off Filet-O-Fish Lake.

Still, it had all been under control until Mayor McCheese ordered Officer Big Mac to knock off the Stop and Frisk program.

RichardGarfinkle

Nurture Phoenixes
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardgarfinkle.com
This is a very dangerous part of town. The corner this restaurant sits on is controlled by the Happy Meal Gang (who took it over from the Fry Kids). Then there is the freaky behavior of criminal master-mind, the Griddler. Not to mention the dread pirate, Captain Crook, who patrols the waters off Filet-O-Fish Lake.

Still, it had all been under control until Mayor McCheese ordered Officer Big Mac to knock off the Stop and Frisk program.

Grimace.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
I'll have everyone know that no trans-fats were harmed during the making of this allegedly faked Super-Saiyan vid. Had they been harmed, I would have ended the harmee.

And Mayor McCheese was impeached for embezzling the proceeds from the Fish-Off Bake-a-thon.

You heard it from me first. No audio, but there it is.

:)