Change cover after epub

Status
Not open for further replies.

dianeP

Registered
Reaction score
Have you ever changed your cover after you'd initially epublished?

I found something more appropriate for one of my covers, and have come to realize that one of my existing covers would work better for an upcoming book.

In my case, I've sold very few books, (friends and family) and I haven't really advertised as much as I should, so I don't think it would be a problem, but can it be?

Gale Haut

waxing digital artistic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.galehaut.com
Yes. Yes it can.

More importantly, can we see it? :D

ETA: Okay, brainfart. I meant that it doesn't sound like it would be a problem... :-/

Last edited:

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
If you've only sold a handful to people you know, I don't see it'd be a major issue. But you don't really want to keep changing covers, so best to make sure it's as shiny and good as you can make it.

dianeP

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry it's so big... I have a hard time with uploading. But I'm considering this one.

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Please make the image smaller, no more than 400 pixels high.

Photobucket images show up here the size they were originally uploaded. If you load a smaller image onto Photobucket you can link to that one.

aimeestates

MADNESS
Registered
Reaction score
Website
yarghing.com
I like the one you have in your signature. Can't judge how appropriate it is for the specific story, but it's a lot cleaner IMO.

dianeP

Registered
Reaction score
Just want to try to upload a smaller version...
HaydensmallFORbuCKET_zpsa14fd11d.jpg

Is that better? (Not the cover... the size :))

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
Judging whether it matches the genre would need more information about the book. But from what I can see, the biggest weakness is the type. It doesn't go with the feel of the pictures (looking at the ones in your signature too), so it's rather like the text was added as an afterthought.

Handle fonts as though they're a picture. You want to spend time selecting the right font with the right feel.

Rachel Udin

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.racheludin.com
Judging whether it matches the genre would need more information about the book. But from what I can see, the biggest weakness is the type. It doesn't go with the feel of the pictures (looking at the ones in your signature too), so it's rather like the text was added as an afterthought.

Handle fonts as though they're a picture. You want to spend time selecting the right font with the right feel.

You stole my line. How dare you. ;)

sarahdalton

Banned
Reaction score
I've just had a read of the blurb on Kobo and I'm not sure if the book is romance or thriller? The blurb starts off like a romance and then at the end it hints towards crime. Coupled with the first cover, that makes me think it could be a literary thriller with romance, but coupled with your second cover it makes me think romance but maybe with an edge.

So I guess you need to work out which genre you're going for.

WeaselFire

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Have you ever changed your cover after you'd initially epublished?
Nope. But it's not hard to do. Although it confuses readers, that may not be an issue for you.

This time around, think about what you do before you do it. :)

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.