PDA

View Full Version : Resend the query?

aruna
02-19-2006, 11:28 AM
I sent a email query, according to the submission guidelines, to an agent who seems ideal. On another part of his website, however, I later read that he expects the first five pages of the ms with the query, in the body of the email.

Would it be foolish to resend the same query (this is a few days later), apologize, and add the missing pages?

MarkN
02-19-2006, 07:32 PM
I'm not an agent, but based on a lot of experience sending and receiving business-related email, I would resend essentially the same message (with the 5 manuscript pages), only with the word "[CORRECTION]" at the end of the subject heading, and a brief note at the top stating you inadvertently omitted them from your original message. I should think that would be reasonable.

Irysangel
02-19-2006, 09:01 PM
In my admittedly inexperienced opinion, I wouldn't change a thing. If he likes your query, he'll ask for more anyhow.

Cathy C
02-20-2006, 12:49 AM
I've always been fairly direct. If I were in your place (and have been a few times... ;) ) I would send an email entitled something like "Should I resubmit?" and simply ASK. In just a sentence or two, explain that you spotted the request after you hit "send" and ask if you should resubmit. Most likely, if the agent hasn't opened the first one, he'll probably reply and ask you to send it a second time. If he has, then you'll either get a request or a rejection in response. Either way, you'll have an answer.

But that's just me---so take it for what it's worth. :)

Julie Worth
02-20-2006, 01:03 AM
Don't ask, just resubmit.