My Husband Bought Me...

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
In our household we established the rule that all seats, lids, etc. are always put down after every use.

This keeps things cleaner and puts everybody on an equal footing. Everybody has to at least open the lid, and put it back down again afterwards.

We have never lost anything down a toilet, and wandering toddlers and dogs are in less hazard.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
stormie, I'm sorry! My husband is actually really good about putting down the toilet seat. It's just the polite thing to do, is the way he looks at it.

Unfortunately, we have a house...mate...I guess is what you'd call him. Long story, but he has no where to go and...anyway. He doesn't put down the seat. But he's not home often, so that's good.

I can't wait to sit on a heated seat!!!

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Haha! :tongue My head didn't even go there...and now...my head is residing there. LOL

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
stormie, I'm sorry! My husband is actually really good about putting down the toilet seat. It's just the polite thing to do, is the way he looks at it.

Don't be sorry! My sons mean well (long story). So I have to laugh off a lot of what goes on around here, or the household would be in a constant storm.

Get it? stormie? <groan>

I like Lavern's double entendre much better. :ROFL:

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
I don't need a heated seat, but the nightlight is brilliant.

The dead of night, half-asleep, my glasses forgotten on the nightstand, and out of the darkness and straight onto my nethers comes the icy, clammy touch of that porcelain-of-dubious-cleanliness...

El Husbando's punishment is that I do wake him up when I squawk in horror.

Last edited:

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
I don't need a heated seat, but the nightlight is brilliant.

The dead of night, half-asleep, my glasses forgotten on the nightstand, and out of the darkness and straight onto my nethers comes the icy, clammy touch of that porcelain-of-dubious-cleanliness...

El Husbando's punishment is that I do wake him up when I squawk in horror.
Think of it as a toilet that does double-duty: a bidet and a toilet. (Except it's kind of backward--it should be toilet then the bidet.)

This is fun! A whole thread devoted to toilets!

ishtar'sgate

living in the past
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linneaheinrichs.com
A heated seat, o-o-o that would be lovely! I think I'll have to have a talk with hubby. Fortunately I have my own bathroom so if he doesn't like it he doesn't have to use it. So there.:D

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
I showed this to my husband, who responded, "Why would we need that?"

Sigh.

Ah, men. They don't realize how lucky they are. Of course, my husband has told me how difficult it is sometimes to aim. Especially first thing in the morning or half-drunk. And he is a very clean bathroom user, I have to say.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Then I encourage you to get it! LOL There really is nothing worse than going to the bathroom in the middle of a winter night. I mean, it's hard enough to crawl out of the nice, warm blankets. But to then put your butt down on cold ceramic? Ugh!

EarlyBird

Grinding it out
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twentyfoursevenlife.com
Ooh, nice!

I want one of those toilet seats that is also a bidet.

Or a Japanese toilet. The absolute finest in the world! I've been to Japan three times and the toilet in the hotel was one of the highlights of each trip. I know, I'm weird. :crazy:

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
JC - they have the water that squirts to clean you out, and heated seats. My stepdaughter goes there with her mother (she's Japanese) every year. They don't really have heat there, but they have luxury thrones. LOL

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, that would be weird if you didn't know ahead of time. I can't get used to the idea of water squirting up to clean you. It seems so strange, even though it would save you from a lot of pain! But, can the water squirt harder to clean #2? You'd have to have a bit of force behind the stream of water, right? It could come out like a water fountain. Or do you just use paper for #2?

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
I understand the Japanese toilets will also make a flushing sound without actually flushing.

This feature aids both discretion and water conservation measures when one is making, ahem, unladylike noises.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I remember hearing about the "Little Princess" (I think that's what it's called) toilet in Japan. Basically, in the women's public bathrooms they've started installing a little stereo system in each cubicle. You turn it on, and it plays some music for something like 30 seconds, thus avoiding the noise aspect of toiletting.

I heard about that at Uni, and someone else in the class immediately said, "Yes, it can get rid of that embarrassment. But wouldn't people start judging you on how many times you turn the music on?"

*headdesk*