Help! Need answers

kelliewallace

Registered
Reaction score
I received a request for a full from an agent overnight. I'm over the moon, but since then I have renamed the MS. When I send over the ful MS do I mention in the email I have renamed it?

I feel silly in asking but wanted to know the right courtesy to go about.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I'd send it as is, and if things go any further, you can mention the title change on the phone. A lot of titles get changed, anyway, so it's not that big a deal.

And CONGRATS!

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
I'd send it back under the original title you sent it to her as so as not to confuse her. Worry about the title thing if she shows more interest.Maybe in the cover letter when you send it back to her you can briefly mention you had been thinking of changing the title. But I personally don't think it would be a good idea to send the full back under a different title.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Send the manuscript under the title you queried. Do NOT cause unnecessary complication or confusion at this critical moment. The agent wants to read the story, and it's the story, not the title, that will determine an offer of representation or a rejection. The title issue is trivial and can be settled later.

caw

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well done, you!

My advice (same as all the others) stick to the title you started with. Titles often change.