Not open for further replies.

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
I missed you guys so much! And it looks like so much has happened around here. It'll take me a while to catch up on everything.....

The past three weeks have been soooo long. I was so stressed out at times, I thought I'd die, literally. Glad I survived but the worst part was being gone from here. At first, it was really hard. Towards the end, I just looked forward to returning.

But, I got plenty done.
I wrote 10 agriculture stories on my county's top 10 commodities and covered a week of ag-related stories at the World Ag Expo (and I got to meet and write about Arnold Schwarzenegger) and I had a lot of fun - being a member of the press has its perks.

ALSO - I had a few job offers along the way. My former editor told me he had two openings at the paper, one as Features Editor and if I didn't want that, I could go for a GA - general assignment position.
Then, last Wednesday while all the press was waiting for Arnold to arrive, I ran into another editor that now works for a different paper, and when he heard I was freelancing, he gave me his card and asked me to stop by and see him, that he'd love to use me for their paper.

So, I guess it was a productive three weeks - but LONG. And, I'm still not done. I have about 10 stories left (I took on additional assignments) to write. And if I don't take on a full time position - I have more stories in store for me, if I want them.

But, I am so glad to be back.

Hope some of you missed me too.

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back! And kudos for all the hard work..you should be very proud of yourself. Hope some of the job leads turn out well for you.
So..how was it meeting Arnold anyway?

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: back, and congrats on all your assignments!

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back, SS! Congratulations on your success!

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back, Sep!

(I can call you Sep, I hope? This isn't gonna result in another sexual harassment suit, is it? Oh dear, my lawyer is overburdened as it is...)

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.estheravila.com
Thanks everyone. Not sure I'll take any full time job - I'm trying to break into the magazine market - but I find news reporting to be a lot of fun. And my week was amazing - interviewed Nigerians, Australians, and lots of plain, average Americans. :)

P.H.Delarran said:
So..how was it meeting Arnold anyway?

He's short - a lot shorter in real life. But so nice.

Cabinscribe

Often ignored by muses
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back, SS!

We missed you!

e2cat.gif
(This little emoticon always reminds me of you.)

Vanessa

Writer and Music Producer
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back Ms September Skies. You were truly missed. Seems like you've been busy girl. Way to go! Good Luck.

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.estheravila.com
brokenfingers said:
...I can call you Sep, I hope? This isn't gonna result in another sexual harassment suit, is it? Oh dear, my lawyer is overburdened as it is...)

hey....I dropped that last suit. LOL
And luckily, I'm not hurting for money right now, so sure, call me anything. I promise not to file again.

(I shouldn't laugh too much - someone actually threatened to file against me once - for sexual harassment - oh...pleaase....as if...wishful dreaming on his part)

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
September skies said:
He's short - a lot shorter in real life. But so nice.

I thought he was over 6'....how tall are you???!!! :)

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.estheravila.com
My-Immortal said:
I thought he was over 6'....how tall are you???!!! :)

I heard he's 6'1" but I'm 5"9" and he looked like he was my height - but from far, he just looked short. When he met me and shook my hand and thanked me for being there - it seemed like we were eye-to-eye.

Just looks shorter - may not be

special needs

Resident Airhead
Registered
Reaction score
September skies said:
I heard he's 6'1" but I'm 5"9" and he looked like he was my height - but from far, he just looked short. When he met me and shook my hand and thanked me for being there - it seemed like we were eye-to-eye.

I didn't exactly miss you, being as how I was gone for much of those three weeks. However, the fact that you are 5"9 lowers my self esteem...hehe. There are disadvantages to being 5"4!

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back!! We missed your sweet self around this joint :)

clintl

Represent.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back! It sounds like you had quite an experience.

September skies said:

I had heard elsewhere that Arnold is really around 5'9", even though he looks taller on camera.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi SS!

I did notice you were missing. Glad to hear you accomplished so much! I am very impressed.

I was doing some newspaper reporting last year but I lost my opportunity when the paper was sold. I would love to be able to do that again. It's really interesting to talk to people and get their stories. I even did the Police Beat for a while, which involved going to the police station and reporting some incidents from a given week. There are some wacky people out there!

Glad you're back! :)

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Esther, my super friend. So glad to see you've come back to the AW nest. That's wonderful. I sure missed you lots. Don't think I'll let you go away again.:) :Hug2: And know you'll do great with everything.

Lantern Jack

My kitten knows kung-fu!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, most warmly, back. It wouldn't be a Superbowl party (of ideas) without some face-painting loonie to liven things up.

Long live Miss Whiskers!!!

blisswriter

blissed beyond belief...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow September, you've been biz-zeee. Congrats on all you've gotten done and :Hug2:. We did miss ya!

Lady of Prose

Member - the "Sting Gang."
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ditto all the welcome backs! You were missed around this place. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.