Finding the right sub forum...

Felsenstein

Registered
Reaction score
... is sometimes not that easy. I want to ask the community something about scifi, cover artwork, the relation between cover artwork and the genre of the novel.

So, where shall I ask this? The number of sub/forums is overwhelming. And since I'm a noob here, I don't want to walk through walls by accident :Shrug:

Anyone help? Thanx!
Ava

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'd start with the science fiction/fantasy sub-forum if I were you. Just scroll up a bit. If that's the angle you're approaching things from, then it's probably a good place to start. Or you could try one of the more general ones like writing novels, if your question is less genre-specific.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can think of two or three forums for your question. You might post them in the Cover Art sub-forum of Art & Design since they seem to be more about cover art than the science fiction genre itself.

If the moderators see a better fit for the questions elsewhere it's easy enough to move a post (it only takes us a couple of seconds).

Felsenstein

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, this was fast!! :hooray:

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check both of them. In case I picked the wrong one, yes, the mods will surely know best.

Ava

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Have you seen the mods here?

:D

Willkommen bei AW!

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
In the front of their heads, yes. Nobody can tell how many they have in the back of their heads, because of the mullets.

Silent Rob

Riff-Raff
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Humour is much funnier than humor, you see.

Felsenstein

Registered
Reaction score
Brit.. ok. Mullets.... hmmm. This conversation is becoming far beyond of weird - for me dude from Germany. Gotta have to study my idioms-dictionary, nuh?! :gaah

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
The extra eyes are implanted when the shock collars are locked on by the powers that be. It only hurts a little at first.

Then it really starts to sting. ;)

But really, don't worry too much about where you post stuff, so long as you've tried to be logical. We will port it elsewhere if there's a better fit. Because...we have the power! Bwahaha!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You can expect threads in Office Party to get weird. Most of them start out weird and then get weirder.

Felsenstein

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I see :D I hope I can follow all of them. Especially when it's about jokin' - have to find out first, whazz funny in English. Dont you know, we Krrrauts don't laff!!! :rant:

:crazy::e2hammer::e2smack:

It just started to sting.......

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Just so you know, we do have a German language thread in our International forum where you can speak directly in German and talk behind all of our backs! Feel free to vent your :rant: about the rest of us English speakers there. ;)

Last edited:

Felsenstein

Registered
Reaction score
Just so you know, we do have a German language thread in our International forum where you can speak directly in German and talk behind all of our backs! Feel free to vent your :rant: about the rest of us English speakers there. ;)

Thx Cathy, I'll throw an eye there. But to be honest, I'm more curious about the English scene. I traveled long times thru German writer forums and I'm a bit tired of "our" scene. We have our heroes, but also way more windmillfighters, stroking their own thrones. And "my" genre is not a mainstream topic there. Wanna experience, how's it here. I mean, where do all those cool scifi-movies (based on good books, of course!) come from - from Germany?! Whuuuaaahhaaa... :roll: