The AW Library

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
In case you didn't notice the "Announcement" thread, we have launched a brand new forum specifically to promote our published members! We have a lot of authors on our boards, and others often inquire about their books or published works. Yeah, they're sometimes listed in signatures, but that requires that you track down a thread where the author has posted.

So began the idea of a library, a permanent place where our members can read about (and hopefully order) books, magazine appearances, newspapers articles and more, written by other AW members!

After long, spirited discussions in the Mod Room, we came up with a format that will benefit ALL members. We don't care if you're big press, small press, POD, ebook, self-pubbed, newspapers, magazines... All are welcome to put up their books. The one stipulation is that you must be a "Super Member" level (50+ posts). That just ensures that we don't get a bunch of drive-by spammers. We want to recognize those who visit and contribute.

You'll be able to add to your thread forever, so each new book published will "bump" you to the top of the forum, just like the regular threads. Fast writers will get extra exposure. We will ask that nobody comment on your threads. Comments will be deleted. There will be an index in each forum, so that you can find authors by name.

Now, if there are some of you out there who would like to promote your books, but DON'T want your writing name tied to your board name, you can PM the moderator of the library thread and ask that your information be posted anonymously (normally, since you'll be posting your own information, you'll be shown as the thread starter, just like a normal thread.) The moderator will then post your information and can thereafter update it.

You'll be allowed to post in as many genres as you have published books. Right now, I have posts in Mainstream/Contemporary, Magazines, and I'm hoping to add poetry to that soon. Writers who use multiple pseudonyms can either post a single thread and add a "writing as..." line, or you'll be allowed one thread per pen name.

Enjoy your new member benefit and hopefully we'll ALL have a thread there soon!

The Information Desk

Any Questions?

The Poetry Board

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Don't forget to add your published poetry to the AW Library. Again, if you don't feel comfortable giving out your true identity, you can PM or email me and I can add it to the library for you.

:)