PDA

View Full Version : Contract of Wifely Expectations

William Haskins
02-17-2006, 09:41 PM
enjoy

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0217062contract1.html

Jaycinth
02-17-2006, 09:47 PM
Please, William dear, please: Allow me three days to flay the skin off this slug and thoroughly treat the exposed flesh with draino, baking soda and vinegar before you give him to the rest of the folks for amusement.

Please? I am not asking for much.:2angel:

Perks
02-17-2006, 09:56 PM
My life is so easy!

I think it's even funnier that it's not her on trial while he's at the morgue under the gentle strokes of the medical examiner, being debrided of the peat and beetles from the shallow grave he was found in.

ChaosTitan
02-17-2006, 09:59 PM
While I'd like to jump onto the flaying-of-the-husband bandwagon and insert as many crude Lorraina Bobbitt jokes as possible, what in the name of sanity made his wife SIGN THAT THING??? What sort of self-esteem can a woman have who signs away her life like that?

No man is worth it. Especially not that type of scum.:rant:

Sarita
02-17-2006, 10:00 PM
She didn't sign it.

A copy of the proposed contract, which Frey's wife never signed and later provided to cops, can be found below.

rhymegirl
02-17-2006, 10:01 PM
This is my reaction to this guy's contract:

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Celia Cyanide
02-17-2006, 10:01 PM
It sounds very...Story of O to me.

jst5150
02-17-2006, 10:07 PM
Someone who read the contract said, aloud:

"Nice font."

mkcbunny
02-17-2006, 10:11 PM
I couldn't get past Page 1.

William Haskins
02-17-2006, 10:15 PM
then you get no GBDs

special needs
02-17-2006, 10:17 PM
I'm either incredibly bad at expressing myself, or there are no words to express what I'm feeling. Except, perhaps...wow.

ChaosTitan
02-17-2006, 10:19 PM
She didn't sign it.

Thank God. My eyes were glazing over as I read the article, so I probably missed that part.

Back to your regularly scheduled flaying.....

Shadow_Ferret
02-17-2006, 10:20 PM
Chutzpah. That guy is full of it.

Whether she signed it or not, she married him none-the-less knowing what a whackjob he is.

They deserve each other.

Shwebb
02-17-2006, 10:23 PM
You mean this sort of thing is wrong?

Uh, . . . I guess I need to go untie my husband. . .

jst5150
02-17-2006, 10:24 PM
"Dildoing."

I don't even have a joke here.

DeniseK
02-17-2006, 10:24 PM
He wanted her to shave her chest?:Shrug:

jst5150
02-17-2006, 10:25 PM
You know what's worse?

Every single one of us EDITED that contract as we read it.

"He used the wrong form of 'to' there ..."

special needs
02-17-2006, 10:28 PM
Ha! I can admit to that. :)

"...as long as it does not excessively disruptive to your sleep..."...Really now?

Celia Cyanide
02-17-2006, 10:30 PM
Whether she signed it or not, she married him none-the-less knowing what a whackjob he is.

They deserve each other.

The article doesn't really say much about his wife, actually, or when he gave her the contract. Just the contract, to me, doesn't really prove he was a wackjob. I know SM couples who do this sort of thing all the time, and they both love it. The "wackjob" part comes up in the rest of the article. I don't know how much this woman knew about this guy's mental state when she married him, so I can't really judge her.

And Schwebb, does your husband really WANT to be untied? If not, then I won't judge you for it! ;)

alleycat
02-17-2006, 10:30 PM
She didn't sign it.
The bigger question: Why in the heck did she marry him?

And what's with people named Frey these days?

Richard
02-17-2006, 10:32 PM
Holy crap...

Misogynistic *******ry notwithstanding, the sheer attention to detail is stunning... But this is just superb:

All skirts no lower than two inches beneath the knee (unless it's for Church)

Yep. Wouldn't want to be seen to be morally unsound or anything.

Shwebb
02-17-2006, 10:34 PM
And Schwebb, does your husband really WANT to be untied? If not, then I won't judge you for it! ;)I don't know. First, I need to remove the ball gag, I guess.

TemlynWriting
02-17-2006, 10:36 PM
You know what's worse?

Every single one of us EDITED that contract as we read it.

"He used the wrong form of 'to' there ..."Oh, things just kept jumping right out of the text! Good to know I wasn't alone! ;)

Cheryll
02-17-2006, 10:38 PM
Excuse me while I go puke...

ARRRRFFFFHHHH!

Cheryll

brokenfingers
02-17-2006, 10:54 PM
I don't understand. Is it the grammar you people are having problems with?

My-Immortal
02-17-2006, 11:11 PM

That was the point of the post, wasn't it....? ;)

Jaycinth
02-17-2006, 11:36 PM
WILLIAM!!!! I GET TO FLAY HIM FIRST! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!!!!! i was FIRST!!! I WAS I WAS!!! Make them get in line behind me! And the Draino is MY IDEA!!! MINE MINE MINE!!!:Jump:

And make Brokenfingers stop it!:e2cry:

My-Immortal
02-17-2006, 11:37 PM
WILLIAM!!!! I GET TO FLAY HIM FIRST! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!!!!! i was FIRST!!! I WAS I WAS!!! Make them get in line behind me! And the Draino is MY IDEA!!! MINE MINE MINE!!!:Jump:

And make Brokenfingers stop it!:e2cry:

Who are you flaying?

tiny
02-17-2006, 11:39 PM

I thought it was his font choice that sucked.

My-Immortal
02-17-2006, 11:41 PM
I thought it was his font choice that sucked.

According to that contract, that wasn't the only thing that sucked....

Jaycinth
02-17-2006, 11:45 PM
Who are you flaying?

Oh, My!!! Didn't you read the link in the first post on this thread that William posted? I wasn't suggesting the flaying of anyone you liked.

My-Immortal
02-17-2006, 11:50 PM
Oh, My!!! Didn't you read the link in the first post on this thread that William posted? I wasn't suggesting the flaying of anyone you liked.

LOL -- I 'assumed' you were talking about the man that composed the contract...but you know what they say about making assumptions... I was hoping you didn't want to flay me for posting a silly comment about the grammar.

Please - continue your flaying.

:)

Maryn
02-18-2006, 12:58 AM
Boy, I'm quite the rebel, having my remaining pubic hair deliberately off-center and assymentrical.

It's an image of Haskins, of course.

Maryn, who will understand if that's deleted for crossing the line of good taste

My-Immortal
02-18-2006, 01:00 AM
Be honest now....how many wives out there wouldn't mind some sort of Contract of Husbandly Expectations?

Maryn
02-18-2006, 01:30 AM
If it's with this guy, does it include losing every square inch of his skin before or after penetration in every orifice? I assume the Dran-o and/or salt comes last...

Maryn, who's been mentally composing the flip side contract since she read this

My-Immortal
02-18-2006, 01:33 AM
If it's with this guy, does it include losing every square inch of his skin before or after penetration in every orifice? I assume the Dran-o and/or salt comes last...

Maryn, who's been mentally composing the flip side contract since she read this

LOL :)

Actually, I meant for your own husband.

Ladies, wouldn't you like some sort of Contract of Husbandly Expectations?

special needs
02-18-2006, 01:34 AM
Haha, if it has to be that controlling and dare I say...creative (?)...I'll pass. :)

My-Immortal
02-18-2006, 01:41 AM
Haha, if it has to be that controlling and dare I say...creative (?)...I'll pass. :)

No...I didn't say that either.

How many wives out there have subtly changed what your husbands wear around the house?

How many wives out there have changed what your husbands eat?

How many wives out there more often than not decide when certain bedroom activities occur etc.?

I'm not saying what that man did is right at all (in regards to that contract) --- but isn't there a fairly common belief held by some (most?) women that they can 'change' their man?

NeuroFizz
02-18-2006, 01:44 AM
Boy, I'm quite the rebel, having my remaining pubic hair deliberately off-center and assymentrical.

It's an image of Haskins, of course.

Maryn, who will understand if that's deleted for crossing the line of good taste
Corn rows here.

Sarita
02-18-2006, 01:47 AM
...but isn't there a fairly common belief held by some (most?) women that they can 'change' their man? Not this one. I wouldn't want one I had to change. Too much work. Besides, why fall in love if you don't like what you have?

Of course everyone grows in relationships, people change as they get older. But as for changing the way my husband IS... nah.

special needs
02-18-2006, 01:49 AM
Same here. I'm not married but I've never wanted to 'change' someone I had. I'd more likely put up with it, or find someone else, than try to 'change' them.

tiny
02-18-2006, 01:50 AM
Corn rows here.

Is this the new subject? Are we baring all?

My-Immortal
Not this one. I wouldn't want one I had to change. Too much work. Besides, why fall in love if you don't like what you have?

Of course everyone grows in relationships, people change as they get older. But as for changing the way my husband IS... nah.

Good answer. :)

Maybe it is a younger person's idea...? Picking a person and trying to change them? (I'm not the only person that's heard this, right?) And no, I'm not being critical of younger people....just curious.

special needs
Is this the new subject? Are we baring all?

Yes, and it's your turn.

tiny
02-18-2006, 01:53 AM
Yes, and it's your turn.

Hate to miss a turn, but those who need to know, know. :D

My-Immortal
02-18-2006, 02:01 AM

Was it a contractual arrangement? :)

special needs
02-18-2006, 02:03 AM

Why that isn't true at all, because I need to know and I dont!

TemlynWriting
02-18-2006, 02:14 AM
Not this one. I wouldn't want one I had to change. Too much work. Besides, why fall in love if you don't like what you have?

Of course everyone grows in relationships, people change as they get older. But as for changing the way my husband IS... nah.Amen to that!

robeiae
02-18-2006, 02:16 AM
I think the PHOTOS section was really over the line.

Rob :)

special needs
02-18-2006, 02:20 AM
I think the entire thing was 'over the line'. Some people have mental problems, and I'm one of them, but I'm at least coherant enough to realize that, that's not normal. Or right. Or fair. Not normal.

tiny
02-18-2006, 02:23 AM
Was it a contractual arrangement? :)

hahahaha. No, he just asked reeeeaaaal nice.

arrowqueen
02-18-2006, 02:28 AM
I'm just surprised it wasn't in green ink.

roach
02-18-2006, 02:49 AM
How many wives out there have subtly changed what your husbands wear around the house?

Nope. He's in charge of what he wears. Besides there's no need to nag him about it, that's what his mom is for. (That and buying him new clothes.)

Only to the extent that I'm the one cooking the meals and buying the groceries so I decide what food comes into the house. That doesn't stop him from going on snack runs himself.

I'm not saying what that man did is right at all (in regards to that contract) --- but isn't there a fairly common belief held by some (most?) women that they can 'change' their man?

Actually I grew up hearing "you can't force a person to change." This was always in the context of relationships and always used to caution one to take care who you take up with. Basically I was told (and learned by example) that if you were in a relationship and the other person did stuff you didn't like and that was harmful to you it was up to you to get out of the situation. Your options were trying to work it out or leaving because expecting to change the person was just stupid.

That's not to say I haven't seen people with that attitude. Especially women who would believe that if they got married their boyfriend would change, settle down, stop fooling around, grow up, what have you. It was even sadder when marriage didn't work and so they resorted to getting pregnant to change the marriage. :Wha:

special needs
02-18-2006, 02:56 AM
My contract of husbadnly expectations:
Husband refers to the husband I'll one day have.
Me refers to....me.

Husband is to leave me alone at all times, with the exception of 11 pm to midnight, in which he does not have to leave me alone, but he is not allowed to talk to me or come anywhere near me. Husband will be kicked very hard in a not-so-pleasant-area-to-be-kicked if he does not comply with this rule.

Husband must allow me to do as I please with various other specimen from the male species and cannot complain about anything I do. However, husband is not allowed to imitate my actions with any other females and must allow me to duct tape him to the closet for all 24 hours of every day.

So...who wants to marry me?

trumancoyote
02-18-2006, 03:54 AM
Such thoroughness at least, whether awful or not, should be respected.

jst5150
02-18-2006, 04:32 AM
[Ahem]

"Dildoed"

I'm just saying we've moved onto the Oprah hour of discussion when the Jerry Springer 60-minutes of play seems to have breezed right by.

September skies
02-18-2006, 04:33 AM
Me refers to....me.

Husband is to leave me alone at all times, with the exception of 11 pm to midnight, in which he does not have to leave me alone, but he is not allowed to talk to me or come anywhere near me. Husband will be kicked very hard in a not-so-pleasant-area-to-be-kicked if he does not comply with this rule.

Husband must allow me to do as I please with various other specimen from the male species and cannot complain about anything I do. However, husband is not allowed to imitate my actions with any other females and must allow me to duct tape him to the closet for all 24 hours of every day.

MEN! Being that they aren't always very smart and only read what they want to see - they will read your last line, find it kinky and form a line to marry you!

arrowqueen
02-18-2006, 05:08 AM
Actually you could probably make a fairly lucrative living from services like that.

My-Immortal
02-18-2006, 05:29 AM
On a slightly related note....(LOL)....

Is there something you wish your significant other did or did not do? It doesn't have to be a major change....it could be something simple like remembering to put the toilet seat down....BUT (and perhaps this will make it interesting)...IF your significant other suddenly succeeded in this change....what would you change about yourself for them?

Slightly related....right? :)

Shwebb
02-18-2006, 07:00 AM
Ah. I have succeeded in getting my husband to put down the toilet seat. Actually, we make it fair--we BOTH have to close the lid.

If only I could get him to be compliant regarding proper towel-folding technique. (Sigh.)

As far as conforming to his rules--when ordering take-out food on the road, I'm allowed to order only "car food." Nothing dip-able. No chili, chips, and cheese. (There's a story behind this rule, obviously.)

We did agree on one thing a long time ago--we'd never dictate the other person's hairstyle. We can offer input, only if requested.

Celia Cyanide
02-18-2006, 07:12 AM
Such thoroughness at least, whether awful or not, should be respected.

Thorough my ***! Did you SEE all the flippin typos?

special needs
02-18-2006, 08:00 AM
Hm, I was thinking about something. One of the lines on the last page states that it is not a contract, but rather 'rules'. So if its not a contract, they're just rules she has to follow, correct? The places for her signature are by the rules, so if they're rules, and not a contract, isn't she only signing for the fact that she's aware of the rules---and rules can be broken, can they not? There's no part of the document that says 'you agree to'. Even if she did sign it, definately arguable in court, no?

Haggis
02-18-2006, 08:01 AM
Me refers to....me.

Duct tape? Let me think about this.

special needs
02-18-2006, 08:04 AM
Yes, however, you are not allowed to leave the closet, and at no point in time will I be in the closet with you. I will put a doggy door on said closet for the purposes of feeding you....

Haggis
02-18-2006, 08:14 AM
Yes, however, you are not allowed to leave the closet, and at no point in time will I be in the closet with you. I will put a doggy door on said closet for the purposes of feeding you....

So, I suppose wild, hot kinky sex is probably out of the question.

special needs
02-18-2006, 08:22 AM
It is, indeed, out of the question. On a side note, I can't wait to propose the contract to my fiance. He'll be jumping to sign it!

Haggis
02-18-2006, 08:35 AM
Well, I mean, who wouldn't? Duct tape! Gosh, golly, gee whiz. Plus, you've got that doggie door, and you promise to give him food. A guy would be a fool to pass up a deal like that. Imagine. Duct-taped to a closet, no wild, kinky sex, and a gourmet meal every 6 hours.

Just an idea here. You might want to consider replacing the duct tape with pop rivets. Most guys would really go for that. But if your intended balks at that, I'm yours.http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

special needs
02-18-2006, 08:44 AM
Ok. In that case, when's the wedding?

Haggis
02-18-2006, 08:48 AM
Ok. In that case, when's the wedding?

Wedding? You mean, you expect me to commit? That's it. We're through.http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/smilies/emoteDisappear.gif

special needs
02-18-2006, 08:50 AM
Eh, men. I don't know if I can take the fickle attitudes anymore...Will you marry me if you get 'wild, hot kinky sex' once every seven months?

Celia Cyanide
02-18-2006, 08:59 AM
Hm, I was thinking about something. One of the lines on the last page states that it is not a contract, but rather 'rules'. So if its not a contract, they're just rules she has to follow, correct? The places for her signature are by the rules, so if they're rules, and not a contract, isn't she only signing for the fact that she's aware of the rules---and rules can be broken, can they not? There's no part of the document that says 'you agree to'. Even if she did sign it, definately arguable in court, no?

I think the contract would be void in court (void meaning, they will not acknowledge it at all) whether she signed or nor, but I see what you are saying. The moron calls it "Contract of Wifely Expectations" and then, at the end, states that it is not a contract, merely the rules laid out for her. You can't just tell another human being what to do, and expect them to comply. Ever. If they don't comply, you can kick him/her out of your shop, or dump him/her, but you can't stand there and expect them to do something just because you wrote it down.

special needs
02-18-2006, 09:05 AM
It wouldn't be the only time he contradicted himself in the... thing. I don't think he even knows what he wants.... Beyond that, it's not like he's even good looking, or has anything going for him, so even if it was valid (or legal), why would you even agree to it?

special needs
02-18-2006, 09:09 AM
On a slightly related note....(LOL)....

Is there something you wish your significant other did or did not do? It doesn't have to be a major change....it could be something simple like remembering to put the toilet seat down....BUT (and perhaps this will make it interesting)...IF your significant other suddenly succeeded in this change....what would you change about yourself for them?

Slightly related....right? :)

Haha, I wish he would stop refusing to let me touch his abs, just because my hands are cold. :) ...And I guess I would stop fooling around with other guys....

My-Immortal
02-18-2006, 10:15 AM
Haha, I wish he would stop refusing to let me touch his abs, just because my hands are cold. :) ...And I guess I would stop fooling around with other guys....

What a deal!!! LOL

special needs
02-18-2006, 10:18 AM
Well he doesn't give me any GBDs so why should I be a good girl?

My-Immortal
02-18-2006, 10:21 AM
Well he doesn't give me any GBDs so why should I be a good girl?

I guess if he's not giving you a Great Big D*** then I guess you have a valid complaint.... ;)

Oh wait, you meant GBDs as in Good Behavior Days, didn't you? My bad.

So, what is your argument again?

special needs
02-18-2006, 10:24 AM
Don't speak so naughtily this late at night. It confuses me.

My-Immortal
02-18-2006, 10:30 AM
<innocently> I meant Great Big Dare....(you know, like playing truth or dare)....I don't know what you're talking about......

;)

special needs
02-18-2006, 10:33 AM
<innocently> I meant Great Big Dare....(you know, like playing truth or dare)....I don't know what you're talking about......

;)

Yeah? Well I rode a camel through Alaska yesterday while completely naked and lived to tell the tale!

My-Immortal
02-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Yeah? Well I rode a Camel through Alaska yesterday while completely naked and lived to tell the tale!

James Frey...is that you?

special needs
02-18-2006, 10:36 AM
No, silly. I'm George Bush.

My-Immortal
02-18-2006, 10:38 AM
George Bush is James Frey?

It all makes sense now. :)

special needs
02-18-2006, 10:44 AM
No! George Bush is not half the fool that Frey is. And now, just to be stereotypical and evil, I have decided to hate all people whose last name is "Frey".

Ooooo, I have an idea. I'm going to print out a copy of this and bring it to work to help the guys binge and purge!

My-Immortal
02-18-2006, 10:48 AM
Not a good time to have that last name....

....though I suppose there are worse last names to have....

"Hitler" is still probably a pretty sucky last name to have.

special needs
02-18-2006, 10:51 AM
Beeverhousen is a pretty sucky last name too. :) I'm going to get my last name changed to that, and then have a kid and name it Anastashia. It would be in his/her best interests to be female.

Hm, off topic, are we? Didn't we have a thread to teach us to stay on topic?

...Why does the creep this thread was originally about want his wife to shave her chest? Who really wants a sex slave with a hairy chest in the first place?

My-Immortal
02-18-2006, 10:56 AM
Beeverhousen is a pretty sucky last name too. :) I'm going to get my last name changed to that, and then have a kid and name it Anastashia. It would be in his/her best interests to be female.

Hm, off topic, are we? Didn't we have a thread to teach us to stay on topic?

...Why does the creep this thread was originally about want his wife to shave her chest? Who really wants a sex slave with a hairy chest in the first place?

Allota Fagina.....I mean, you name a little girl that and you're just asking to be a young grandparent....

.....and if she has a hairy chest on top of a name like that....then maybe her husband would want her to shave.

;)

motormouth
02-18-2006, 10:56 AM
No...I didn't say that either.

How many wives out there more often than not decide when certain bedroom activities occur etc.?

I haven't been that subtle about it...
Considering that my husband used to wander around in just his boxers and eat at least a meal each day at McDonald's, yeah, a few changes needed to be made.

He chooses his own clothes, though, I just expect him to wear them. Except, of course, when I expect him to perform his "husbandly duties" ;)

special needs
02-18-2006, 10:57 AM
Would her husband create an entire 'contract' on exactly how she must shave?

My-Immortal
02-18-2006, 11:00 AM
Would her husband create an entire 'contract' on exactly how she must shave?

Wasn't there an entire section of this contract about how his wife must shave?

But you know, my wife has asked me to shave my face when it gets too prickly....(but there isn't any contract involved! LOL)

special needs
02-18-2006, 11:02 AM
Yes, indeed there was. What's really sickening is that, apparently, he intended on measuring her pubic hair. Talk about obsessive... :Shrug: ....You should make your wife create a contract. You get GBDs that way!

My-Immortal
02-18-2006, 11:06 AM
Yes, indeed there was. What's really sickening is that, apparently, he intended on measuring her pubic hair. Talk about obsessive... :Shrug: ....You should make your wife create a contract. You get GBDs that way!

Yeah, just a tad Obsessive don't you think?

I don't know about GBDs....but every day I get to spend with my wife is a "GD"...a "Good Day". :)

special needs
02-18-2006, 11:08 AM
Awwww. So you mean you don't want to marry me and spend the rest of your life duct taped in the wonderful closet, with your meals inserted through your personal, custom made doggy door?

WerenCole
02-18-2006, 11:28 AM
In any decent relationship there are parameters or certain rules that one party imposes on the other. Sometimes they are innocent, like, "don't buy mushrooms because I am allergic to them" and sometimes they are naughty. Comprimise and understanding of expectations is important in the communication of a relationship. . .

In the history of my romantic relationships, I have never been the one to make any rules, except for maybe "please don't bother me when I am studying" and "please don't smoke in bed when I am sleeping" those are the only ones I can really remember. Convincing your significant other to experiment with certain types of sexual deviency(sp?) is a normal in any relationship. . . it might take years for your spouse or significant other to bring home another girl to throw in the mix, or try certain. . . um. . . techniques or. . . um positions. . . but the communication of letter your fantasies known is part of the relationship. . . if the person is totally freaked out. . . well, it wouldn't be the first time a relationship ended over one of the parties perversion.

Frey is the OCD type. . . and he knows what he wants, this is the dangerous part about it. When I read the article, I more or less shat my pants, not only did he want a certain code of conduct, but the matter of dress. . . provocative at all times and naked in bed thing. Most men would rather there girl be toned down so as to not attract other men. . .

Think of it though. Muslims have an entire culture where stuff similar to this is not just accepted, but endorsed. FGM and dress codes to name a few off the top of my head. I am not sure about the sexual part, but I hear that muslim men can be quite strict with their women, regarding every part of their lives.

Other than that, dear me oh my, what audacity Frey had, not only to think of a "contract" but even try to implement it. . . especially concerning the terms he came up with. This is a depravity of the damned human race that I will remember.

Carole
02-18-2006, 06:36 PM
Ok, I am about to piss everyone off here, probably.

I read that contract to my husband. He laughed and said, "Oh man. That guy's not wrapped too tight."

But

He reminded me of something. First off, this chick probably wouldn't be in the position of marrying him if she didn't already know that he was overtly dominant and was attracted to that. And he more than likely wouldn't be in the position of marrying her if she was not already submissive to him, at least in some ways. That sets the scene. The contract is ridiculous, IMO, but in their personal relationship are his demands that off the wall? Surely at least some of it had to be unacceptable to her considering she didn't sign it. But she also must have experienced his nature before that point.

I have to say...if hubby went out of town one Monday morning and he left me with this, "When I get home in two weeks, this is what I want (fill in the blank). And if I don't have that, I'll tie you to the bed and do what I please", I would think about it a million times before he came back home. I'd probably smile a lot, too.

Some women loathe the idea of being controlled, but some of us can really dig it sometimes ;)

rhymegirl
02-18-2006, 07:09 PM
Yeah, I let my husband read the contract last night. While he laughed, he also said, "That guy has a few good ideas there."

Maryn
02-18-2006, 07:29 PM
I sent the link to Mr. Maryn at work (and I wonder why he always has to bring work home--go figure!) and we had an interesting discussion about it.

It's entirely possible that the couple plays Dom-sub games in the boudoir, and the contract is just a part of that role play--which neither of them expects to affect how they live their actual day-to-day lives. However, his mastery and her subservience when they're playing arouses them both. Hence the rules.

Without going into detail about how it is I came to know this, I'll simply remind you all that there are freakin' legions of adults participating in fully consensual S/m or BDSM play--and more than you'd think who voluntarily live the life 24-7, taking pains not to make it obvious in public or in front of their kids.

Maryn, whose lips are sealed--except for coffee

rhymegirl
02-18-2006, 08:19 PM
Well, Maryn, I don't know what this couple did or didn't do, but I went to a site that said this:

"...the 33-year-old will stand before another judge before going home as he faces charges of first-degree kidnapping and domestic assault. According to court records, Frey’s wife told police her husband tied her to their bed with a rope and sexually assaulted her at least three times."

So, if she is charging him with kidnap and assault, it sounds like she wasn't a willing participant.

special needs
02-18-2006, 08:46 PM
How many of us wouldn't admit to qualifying for some of his standards, anyway? I think its just how graphic and controlling the thing is that makes it so disgusting. Measuring your wife's pubic hair to make sure its up to standards? That's obsessive and disgusting. When normal men 'control' their wives, they don't control that to that extent do they? But as Rhymegirl said, she most certainly wasn't a willing participant---further proven by the fact that she didn't sign the 'contract'.

special needs
02-18-2006, 08:53 PM
I haven't been that subtle about it...
Considering that my husband used to wander around in just his boxers and eat at least a meal each day at McDonald's, yeah, a few changes needed to be made.

He chooses his own clothes, though, I just expect him to wear them. Except, of course, when I expect him to perform his "husbandly duties" ;)

Aww, you don't like when your husband walks around in his boxers? I don't think my fiance should ever wear anything BUT boxers....

reph
02-18-2006, 11:09 PM
How many of us wouldn't admit to qualifying for some of his standards, anyway?
I read the document yesterday. I'd have to review it to make sure, but I think the only one I qualify for is skirt length, and I don't wear skirts often enough to get much benefit from that clause.

Mr. Frey forbade his wife to criticize him during certain hours of the day. That means that the rest of the time she could yell "Control freak! Pervert! You and your stupid contract!"

fallenangelwriter
02-19-2006, 12:56 AM
i'm pretty sure this "contract" would be ruled unconscionable, that is, unenforceable due to be really, really, unfair.

Carole
02-19-2006, 01:43 AM
Hubby just added:

This guy's instincts aren't that unusual. Problem is, he's just a dork!

Perks
02-19-2006, 01:53 AM
Lol! Yeah, if you're going to be that dominant, you'd better have the suave goods to go with it.

I agree with you Carole, she almost had to have bought into it somewhat. I mean she married him after she got a gander at that contract. Sounds like dumbass got a little full of himself and the game got out of hand.

ETA - I wasn't thinking that the contract with all of its references to children was in all liklihood drawn up after marriage. There was probably at least a mild dominant/submissive thing going on at the outset, but obviously things went awry.

Faulty memory and lazy logic on my part.

roach
02-19-2006, 02:50 AM
Lol! Yeah, if you're going to be that dominant, you'd better have the suave goods to go with it.

I agree with you Carole, she almost had to have bought into it somewhat. I mean she married him after she got a gander at that contract. Sounds like dumbass got a little full of himself and the game got out of hand.

Where did it say that she saw the contract before she married the man? All I read at the SG site was that he was arrested for the attempted kidnapping. The constant mention of children gave me the impression that this was a contract drawn up after marriage and some kids (but then again, I have nothing to support that but what I read at the SG site).

Perks
02-19-2006, 02:52 AM
Yikes, you know what? I don't know why I didn't think that all the way through. That's very true. I'll edit.

special needs
02-19-2006, 03:31 AM
I read the document yesterday. I'd have to review it to make sure, but I think the only one I qualify for is skirt length, and I don't wear skirts often enough to get much benefit from that clause.

Mr. Frey forbade his wife to criticize him during certain hours of the day. That means that the rest of the time she could yell "Control freak! Pervert! You and your stupid contract!"

Heh, I qualify for most of them, but wouldn't want to be forced into any of them.

Angela
02-20-2006, 10:42 PM
I just wanted to say that this man is seriously screwed up. He clearly states in his little 'contract' that if his wife is 'non-compliant', then he will tie her to the bed and do whatever he wishes to her and that it will happen EVERY night until she decides to be compliant again. That's just out and out rape. It disgusts me that SOME men seem to think that just because a woman says, "I do." and puts that ring on her finger, it means that they now own her body. I don't see a problem with people role-playing or even indulging in S&M, that's a personal preference. But telling your wife that you will tie her to the bed and do whatever you want to do to her body, and say that it will happen EVERY night until she decides to be 'compliant' again??? The man has some screws loose.

If my husband and I agreed to do something like that, that's one thing. But if he EVER tied me to the bed and decided to do whatever he wanted to as a form of punishment because I was 'non-compliant', well, he'd better think twice about untying me. I know where to find a cast-iron skillet, and I would have NO compunctions about using it. Heck, I'd call his mama and we'd both have a blanket party.

And that part about her losing those stupid GBDs for being 'non-compliant' if she started something and couldn't finish it because it HURT???? OMG. That tells me that this is one selfish bas***d who cares only about his own desires.

It also doesn't help that the TSG site states that the man is also facing child pornography charges. That doesn't point to a man who's trying to add some spice to their sexual life, to me it points to a man with some very serious issues. It also makes me wonder if that's the reason that he said that his wife would be rewarded with 2 GBD points if she was clean-shaven in her nether-regions.

I think the guy's sick and needs some serious professional help.

special needs
02-20-2006, 10:50 PM
I agree completely. It's one thing to tie someone up to...please them, but quite another to tie them up to abuse them.

Celia Cyanide
02-20-2006, 11:20 PM
Ok, I am about to piss everyone off here, probably.

I read that contract to my husband. He laughed and said, "Oh man. That guy's not wrapped too tight."

But

He reminded me of something. First off, this chick probably wouldn't be in the position of marrying him if she didn't already know that he was overtly dominant and was attracted to that. And he more than likely wouldn't be in the position of marrying her if she was not already submissive to him, at least in some ways. That sets the scene. The contract is ridiculous, IMO, but in their personal relationship are his demands that off the wall?

Without a safety word, it is! ;)

kikazaru
02-21-2006, 01:02 AM
The guy is a serious fruitcake. If I was married to him he'd soon be dining on a nice tossed rhubarb leaf salad washed down with a little hemlock tea.

Btw is it just me, or does anyone else think he looks like Scott Peterson?

brokenfingers
02-21-2006, 02:51 AM
I just found it rather excessive. My Contract of Girlfriendly Expectations is only 2 pages long.

tiny
02-21-2006, 03:14 AM
I just found it rather excessive. My Contract of Girlfriendly Expectations is only 2 pages long.

Bet you wrote it in crayon, too.

jackie106
02-21-2006, 04:15 AM
I've written up a contract for my boyfriend.

1) If Boyfriend is doing laundry, boyfriend will first check sweaters for a "dry clean only" label before throwing said sweaters into the wash.

2) Boyfriend will laugh at my jokes whether they are funny or not.

3) Boyfriend will eat the rest of my French fries.

4) Boyfriend will not interrupt me on Wednesday nights between 8-9pm central time if a new episode of Lost is on.

5) Boyfriend will not drag me to any movies made by Michael Moore.

roach
02-21-2006, 04:35 AM
My husband and I have a very practical Contract of Mutual Boredom. I am allowed to talk about writing, books, authors, and publishing and he's allowed to glaze over while I talk. On the flipside he is allowed to talk about programming, computers, work and cars and I'm allowed to glaze over while he talks.

No need for tying anyone up so that they'll listen to you. :D

TemlynWriting
02-21-2006, 04:36 AM
3) Boyfriend will eat the rest of my French fries.

Can I have your French fries? :D

jackie106
02-21-2006, 04:49 AM
Can I have your French fries? :D

Of course! I'm grateful to anyone who will save me from excess calories.

Jackie

threedogpeople
02-21-2006, 05:48 AM
Wonder if he'll try to get off with an insanity plea?