What is your highest number of reprints?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wondering how many times anyone has had the same story (or book, poem, etc.) reprinted (in any form)? Also, what type of work was it and over what timespan?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Second star on the right and on 'til morning.
Website
atsiko.wordpress.com
I have maybe a dozen flash stories that have been out for less than two years and already reprinted once. Either the first places went under or reprints were okay with the first and second places so I sent them. If my book of stories gets published, that will be the third time for some of them.

I've been reading flash anthologies, too, and notice the same stories in more than one of them now and then.

I tended to think you'd get something published once and that would be it. But it seems, fortunately, that is often far from accurate.

So, just wondering how many times anyone has had the same story (or book, poem, etc.) reprinted (in any form)? Also, what type of work was it and over what timespan?

I've never personally had anything printed or re-preinted. But several of my irl friends who write litfic or genfic short/flash fiction have had stories reprinted as many as three times in about a 2-year span. Does that help?

Last edited:

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
One of my stories, DANCERS, has been in a newspaper, 3 magazines, 2 anthologies, 4 ezines, has been read on radio 3 times, was made into a short film, and also sold in foreign language edition magazines in Israel, Spain, Greece and Argentina.

I'm rather proud of it :)

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, Willie, that's so much I don't even know how to count it. Great!

Thanks, Liosse.

It's nice to think stories have a chance at a very long life. :)

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't really started publishing until 2008, so nothing in reprint here. YET. (MUHAHAHAHA)

We'll see, though. :D

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

That's amazing, Willie! Congrats!

Sikh Spiritual Practice is in three editions: the original, a new imprint created by the same publisher, and an Indian edition (same English version).

Though I must say, I'm mighty proud of the Russian language edition of Yoga for Prosperity.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
I don't go out of my way to find reprint markets. I've had a couple of things reprinted because they contacted me. But if you're more active about it, I'm sure you can do better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.