A future for characters?

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
Read this article today.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/28-things-that-happened-after-the-harry-potter-books-ended

It is interesting - a selection of things that happened after the Deathly Hallows based on things JK Rowling has said in interviews.

It led me to thinking...

1) Do you agree with these? Any you disagree with and why?

2) As a writer, have you considered what happened to your characters after the close of the final book about them?

3) As a reader, what book series would you like to find out the fates of the characters from ?

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
1 - Whether or not I agree hardly matters, IMHO. Rowling created the characters; she knows them better than I do. They seem fairly fitting to me, for the most part.

2 - Yes, I have, provided they live.

3 - Most any series that has well-drawn characters, I wonder what might have happened after the covers close, the same way I intermittently wonder what happens to RL friends and acquaintances after I lose touch with them.

MarkBern

Banned
Reaction score
1. Her characters, her continuing story.

2. I don't think about my characters after I'm done with a book. If I ever had a series as popular as the HP books, I would, however, release a flash-forward wrap up on my blog or in interviews or something.

3. I don't really think about other people's characters when I'm done reading a book. I can't think of a book, movie, graphic novel, or TV show where I thought about the continuing lives of the characters for more than five minutes after the end of the story.