Is it prudent to send a letter?

jpfarris9

Hi all,

I have a question for anyone who has the answer. I sent an essay via email to a publication and it was accepted. The publication publishes the manuscript after an average of 18 months with a 12 month lead time. According to the Writer's Market they pay on acceptance. It's been almost a month and there has been no further contact.

Would it be prudent to contact them by email, letter,or phone call? Or should I just wait until they contact me?

Thanks,

J.P.
www.jpfarris9.Writing.com

Lauri B

I Heart Mac
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
jpfarris9 said:
Hi all,

I have a question for anyone who has the answer. I sent an essay via email to a publication and it was accepted. The publication publishes the manuscript after an average of 18 months with a 12 month lead time. According to the Writer's Market they pay on acceptance. It's been almost a month and there has been no further contact.

Would it be prudent to contact them by email, letter,or phone call? Or should I just wait until they contact me?

Thanks,

J.P.
www.jpfarris9.Writing.com
If the publication pays on acceptance and the publication hasn't asked for revisions of any kind, then it owes you some money. Have you received a contract for the piece? You should email to check in regarding the contract, which will probably get the wheels rolling. Congratulations!
Lauri