PDA

View Full Version : the incomperists

shiftlock
07-27-2013, 11:56 AM
Intro

I was inspired by http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272949 to post here. It seems like a cool idea, this journal thing, and I have one or two unusual things that will be going on with this book that people may find interesting.

I've found various blog and forum posts of this type helpful (or at least fun to read), so maybe someone will find this the same.

What you'll see here

There are various experiments I want to try, and being I'm fond of the scientific method, posting here will give me a reason to be vigilant in gathering and analyzing data.

I've written a script to pull sales rank and number of reviews every hour from amazon, so I'll be including any trends in each update.

I'll also include the details and results of any advertising campaigns. I'd like to experiment with unconventional/expensive forms of advertising, so if anyone has anything weird they've done, please share.

merrihiatt
07-27-2013, 02:43 PM
Welcome! Looking forward to following your journey.

Ann Joyce
07-27-2013, 11:08 PM
This looks like it will be an interesting thread. Can you explain the word, "incomperists?" Whenever I read, if I don't know the meaning of a word, I always look it up, hoping to learn something and also to better understand what I'm reading. This word could not be found in either of my dictionaries (too old, perhaps). I googled it and got no satisfaction there either. Thank you, shiftlock.

Ann Joyce
07-27-2013, 11:10 PM
Ahhh... already I'm wondering if it's the title of your book?

Old Hack
07-27-2013, 11:37 PM
Can you explain the word, "incomperists?"

Ahhh... already I'm wondering if it's the title of your book?

I think it might be the title, Ann.

I note that shiftlock has spelled it as both "incompertists" and "incomperists".

merrihiatt
07-28-2013, 12:13 AM
I think it might be the title, Ann.

I note that shiftlock has spelled it as both "incompertists" and "incomperists".

I noticed that, too. I thought it might be a typo. If it is the book title, it's even more important that it be spelled consistently.

Ann Joyce
07-28-2013, 12:13 AM
Thanks, OH. I think you're right.

Old Hack
07-28-2013, 11:57 AM
I feel rather uncomfortable that shiftlock's first post at AW contains a link to his or her book, and that she hasn't contributed elsewhere--not even to the thread which inspired her to start this one.

I note that AW now requires a user to have fifty posts or more to start a thread in our Announcements room, and some newcomers do try to circumvent this requirement by starting announcements and self-promoting threads in other rooms.

I hope I'm wrong and that shiftlock swiftly becomes a useful member of our community: but if she doesn't return in the next few days and comment usefully here and elsewhere, I'll be tempted to lock this thread and delete her link.