"That awkward moment when..." Thread

Donnie Marsh

DÈẴƊ ḈỂƝŦƐȐ ƉËẪḒ
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.donniemarsh.com
You go to post "Happy birthday!" to someone's Facebook wall you haven't talked to much and they've been dead for months.

Your turn.

Lady Chipmunk

Nut in Search of Rodents
Registered
Reaction score
You congratulate someone on an impending child only to find out they aren't pregnant.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Write something on a forum that goes against the countervailing views of everyone and have to defend yourself time and time again.

Not this forum, of course...

:D

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
You realize that you have detailed plans for what to do in a zombie apocalypse, but no idea what you want to be when you grow up.

Lady Chipmunk

Nut in Search of Rodents
Registered
Reaction score
You realize the guy on the phone you have been talking to for ten minutes is a wrong number and not a friend with the same name.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
You congratulate the sweet, 64 year old school librarian on her impending retirement and she goes into a wild eyed, profanity laced rant about the administration, while standing in the principal's office AND the principal's secretary chimes in! --s6

LJD

Registered
Reaction score
You pick up the phone, and the person on the other end opens with, "I'm pretty sure I have AIDS..." :(

And you have to tell him that this is a private number, not the sexual health helpline (which happens to have a phone number very similar to your own, so this is not the first time you've gotten such calls...)

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
When you're slightly tipsy and can't help laughing because your grandad has cornered a new addition to the family and is telling her endless, rambling stories - and then your nanna asks what's so funny?

(Yeah, I seem to have a problem with laughter in general...)

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
When you just snuck off a fart and someone who had been safely across the room decides they need to come over and talk to you about something.

AddiG

Dumb blonde :)
Registered
Reaction score
You get run over by a baby stroller.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
You're chatting with a friend who happens to have a very heavy accent, and laugh boisterously at what you thought was a weird joke. Then you realize what she was actually telling you is that she can't have any more children.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
When you're playing "Dodge the shopping carts and small children" in a very cluttered supermarket aisle and accidentally bump into the only person there you actually know.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
...When you refer to a client as a jerk, and then realize you forgot to put him on 'hold.'

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
When you're having a conversation with a co-worker and suddenly realise someone you'd been calling had picked up their phone and was listening patiently and not saying anything.

:)

Lady Chipmunk

Nut in Search of Rodents
Registered
Reaction score
You realize the person you have been calling Joan for the last month is actually named Jane.

>compass<

A little off kilter
Registered
Reaction score
People call your number because it's almost identical to a restaurant's and you politely tell them to change the last digit of the number to get the restaurant ... and they call you back.

thepicpic

May or may not be a potato.
Registered
Reaction score
You realize that you have detailed plans for what to do in a zombie apocalypse, but no idea what you want to be when you grow up.

Additional: when you don't know what you want to do when you grow up... and then realise that you have grown up.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
People call your number because it's almost identical to a restaurant's and you politely tell them to change the last digit of the number to get the restaurant ... and they call you back.

Our number isn't that close to the one belonging to the new pharmacy about a mile away, but it's close enough that the elderly constantly dial it. I had one old man call here seven times one SUNDAY. The phone finally stopped ringing; but I knew he had simply given up. I had his number and his name on the caller ID, so I called the pharmacy the next morning and explained the problem and asked them to call him.