PDA

View Full Version : Beta Needed for Hilarious Parody on Sales Training Books

FrederickS
07-25-2013, 09:30 AM
Need beta for finished book that parodies all the sales / motivational books & training programs. Guaranteed to make you laugh but would like some feedback before publishing.

MartinD
07-26-2013, 03:44 AM
I like "hilarious" but I always feel uneasy when an author praises his or her own work prior to getting feedback.

If you're that confident about your book, good for you and may you sell thousands of copies. I mean that sincerely. I worry, however, that you won't be receptive to any comments to the contrary.

FrederickS
07-27-2013, 08:54 AM
I like "hilarious" but I always feel uneasy when an author praises his or her own work prior to getting feedback.

If you're that confident about your book, good for you and may you sell thousands of copies. I mean that sincerely. I worry, however, that you won't be receptive to any comments to the contrary.

Wanna take a look?

cornflake
07-27-2013, 09:04 AM
Ditto the above poster, but I also have a different concern.

It's your thing and all but the name there just makes me wonder - have you permission to use Nascar?

laurasbadideas
07-27-2013, 10:25 AM
You posted a short excerpt of this book in this SYW thread (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273320), right? If so, looking at that might help people decide whether they want to beta.