• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Synopsis beta needed, swaps welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

StephanieZie

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Registered
Reaction score
Genre: Contemporary/Mainstream
Category: adult
Word Count: 35k at the moment
Willing to swap: Yes

I'd like someone to read the synopsis for my WIP in order to identify plot holes, inconsistencies, and things that make you go "Wait, what?". I'm not great at plotting and I've worked and reworked my plot countless times trying to make it all come together. I wasn't sure where to put this. I considered SYW, but I don't really need someone to crit my style at this point, and I definitely need to get feedback on more than just a chapter or so. I considered QLH, but I feel like the focus there is more on making the sell, and I'm not there yet either. I loved writing the first 35k words of this, but the more I wrote the more it all started to look like pieces of a puzzle that I can't quite fit together and it's driving me crazy.

The working title for my story is The House on Bayou Saint John, and it's about a man who returns to his childhood home to bury his mother. He ends up remaining there and falling in love while putting together the puzzle pieces of his childhood and his mother's life. WARNING: the romantic relationship is homosexual and involves an underage character. If you're uncomfortable with this for whatever reason, please click out of the thread.

What I want from a critique-er: Tell me if the idea works and if this is something you might read, and if not please tell me why. Tell me if the plot just doesn't make sense because I swear I am plot-challenged. If something doesn't make sense, and you have a suggestion for how to improve it, please do tell. I am more than willing to read someone's synopses or first few chapters in return. I am new to doing crits, but I am thorough and honest about what works and what doesn't. Thanks so much for your time!

fscomeau

Registered
Reaction score
Genre: Contemporary/Mainstream
Category: adult
Word Count: 35k at the moment
Willing to swap: Yes

I'd like someone to read the synopsis for my WIP in order to identify plot holes, inconsistencies, and things that make you go "Wait, what?". I'm not great at plotting and I've worked and reworked my plot countless times trying to make it all come together. I wasn't sure where to put this. I considered SYW, but I don't really need someone to crit my style at this point, and I definitely need to get feedback on more than just a chapter or so. I considered QLH, but I feel like the focus there is more on making the sell, and I'm not there yet either. I loved writing the first 35k words of this, but the more I wrote the more it all started to look like pieces of a puzzle that I can't quite fit together and it's driving me crazy.

The working title for my story is The House on Bayou Saint John, and it's about a man who returns to his childhood home to bury his mother. He ends up remaining there and falling in love while putting together the puzzle pieces of his childhood and his mother's life. WARNING: the romantic relationship is homosexual and involves an underage character. If you're uncomfortable with this for whatever reason, please click out of the thread.

What I want from a critique-er: Tell me if the idea works and if this is something you might read, and if not please tell me why. Tell me if the plot just doesn't make sense because I swear I am plot-challenged. If something doesn't make sense, and you have a suggestion for how to improve it, please do tell. I am more than willing to read someone's synopses or first few chapters in return. I am new to doing crits, but I am thorough and honest about what works and what doesn't. Thanks so much for your time!

Sure I'll be happy to do it.

If you could throw a look at my own developing story (I post a chapter a week) it would be great. Called "A Reason to Live"

Send me what you've got!

Status
Not open for further replies.