Magic. Someone invented it.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This looks like fun

It's magic and also it keeps your clothes dry. So - how cool is that?

Note: it may be science. If it's science, I'm sorry. I thought it was just - yanno - magic.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I like the part at 1:00 where water doesn't stick to the pan. I have a lot of trouble with water sticking to all my pans. :)

lastlittlebird

avem narrans
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lastlittlebird.blogspot.com
Why did this make me feel like I was at the beginning of a science fiction story, where the narrator is saying something like "It seemed so harmless.. like it could never go wrong..."

Also, this stuff seems really cool (and harmless). I want some.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Why did this make me feel like I was at the beginning of a science fiction story, where the narrator is saying something like "It seemed so harmless.. like it could never go wrong..."

Also, this stuff seems really cool (and harmless). I want some.

See, that's what science does. You think you want some and then you end up glowing in the dark... ;)

ETA: Also, Science - where's my jetpack?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When they first discovered radium they thought it was great stuff. They put it in food and toothpaste.

"Want your teeth to be so white they glow? Use new Radimint 226!"

Schilcote

Registered
Reaction score
This isn't that new of a thing, actually. The physical principle, I mean. Putting it in a spray-can is seriously awesome.

EDIT:

The MSDS doesn't list anything terribly nasty; the most toxic thing in there has an LD50 of 5000 mg/kg; or in layman's terms, it takes 5 grams to a kilogram of body mass to have a fifty-fifty chance of killing a rat, and likely a similar amount for a human being. So if you weighed 50 kg it'd take 250 grams of the stuff to have even odds of killing you.

I can't help but remember that movie about the people who invented a spray that made dog crap disappear, but turned out to be poisonous. "Where does the poo go? We wanna know!"

Last edited: