PDA

View Full Version : *sigh* Bad haircut

mccardey
07-23-2013, 02:09 PM
So I got a bad haircut yesterday. Too short. I look like a boy. A 55 year old boy with sun-damaged skin and wrinkles.

And then today I got a cold sore. Which is - and I mean this quite literally - TWICE AS BIG AS MY HEAD.

okay - not literally, but it is.

Any advice for tomorrow?

mirandashell
07-23-2013, 02:22 PM
Your hair will soon grow. And cold sores never look as big as you think.

And stay indoors tomorrow. Try not to move around too much. And don't go near the chooks.

:tongue

GailD
07-23-2013, 02:38 PM
Any advice for tomorrow?

:e2paperba?

Seriously, though. You're below the hair and behind the cold sore, therefore you don't have to look at either. If anyone else notices, it's their problem. I'm pretty sure most people think you're super just the way you are. :)

mirandashell
07-23-2013, 02:54 PM
I agree with Gail. The hair and cold sore are other people's yick. Don't worry about them.

mccardey
07-23-2013, 02:56 PM
Bigger than my head. Literally. Because - no hair.

:cry:

Don't get me started....

mirandashell
07-23-2013, 02:57 PM
Do I have to come down there and give you a smack?

mccardey
07-23-2013, 02:59 PM
Do I have to come down there and give you a smack?

*sniff*

No.

Because - newborn prince etc. And I don't want to spoil your day.

BIGGER THAN MY HEAD!!!!

*sob*

mirandashell
07-23-2013, 03:01 PM
If it means getting away from all the Heir nonsense, it will not be spoiling my day!

Stop looking at it! And definitely stop touching it.

Perks
07-23-2013, 04:13 PM
What a combo, sweetness. I'm going to give some opposing advice - look at the hair (and tousle it) - a lot. It will help you get used to it. (Don't ask how I know this.)

Also, look at the cold sore, so you really know what it looks like. Then behold the amazing power of healing. Tell yourself that in 100 hours, it will look so much better. Then set off to treat your body very, very well for 100 hours. Eat the best, healthiest food and get extra rest. Drink lots of water and green tea.

mccardey
07-23-2013, 05:11 PM
Eat the best, healthiest food and get extra rest. Drink lots of water and green tea.

Aww... bless. That's ezackly what the doctor said.

ETA: The hair-tousling is something I'll have to look forward to. When I have hair again.

ajaye
07-23-2013, 05:21 PM
I remember back in the dim dark when I had my first short hair cut (to above the shoulders - eek) I walked around with a tea towel on my head for quite some time.
Don't know whether that helps :)

Haggis
07-23-2013, 05:33 PM
You could always do a comb over. That's what all my bald guy friends do. :D

Kylabelle
07-23-2013, 06:58 PM
I agree with the tousling advice, having been in this position myself. Tousling helps.

Also, hats. Wigs. Makeup.

Well, if you are attached to looking stylish or cool, most of that probably won't help immediately, but

listen. I once had one of my top front teeth gone for several years, and had no means whatever to pay for cosmetic dentistry, or any other kind of dentistry for that matter. (Later, I got a crown and that was a pleasant change.)

I was unable to hide because I had to, yanno, live. So I told myself, "beauty is within."

You learn a lot, living with something like that, about yourself and about those you encounter.

Ultimately, it was extremely liberating, going through that. Of course, I'm not recommending you lose a tooth to make yourself feel better! But really, do remember that who you are has very little to do with the ephemera of appearance.

And, you have my sympathies! :Hug2:

cray
07-23-2013, 07:15 PM
give yourself a swirlie.

Ari Meermans
07-23-2013, 08:17 PM
Well, puddin', given our relationship, you can pretty much guess my answers:

So I got a bad haircut yesterday. Too short. I look like a boy. A 55 year old boy with sun-damaged skin and wrinkles.

As someone who purposely wears a pixie cut, I resemble that remark. :D

And then today I got a cold sore. Which is - and I mean this quite literally - TWICE AS BIG AS MY HEAD.

okay - not literally, but it is.

Any advice for tomorrow?

What Perks, the doc, and others have said. Plus dab the sucker with Tea Tree Oil and wear a great big blinding smile. :)

Chase
07-23-2013, 08:40 PM

Oh, the horror of it! You poor woman! Hair all over your head and only 55!

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/2028/578o.png

Vito
07-23-2013, 09:22 PM

There but for the grace of God go I! :tongue

;)

jjdebenedictis
07-23-2013, 10:18 PM
Well since you look like a boy anyhow, slap on a fake moustache twice as big as your head. Cold sore hidden; half your problems solved!

You're welcome.

Caitlin Black
07-24-2013, 01:44 AM
Tell people you sold your hair to that group that makes wigs for cancer patients. (I forget what they're called.) You'll be a folk hero!

Mclesh
07-24-2013, 01:49 AM
Well since you look like a boy anyhow, slap on a fake moustache twice as big as your head. Cold sore hidden; half your problems solved!

You're welcome.

I like this suggestion. :D

Three weeks ago, I dyed my hair a new color at the suggestion of an old friend. Hated it. Then two weeks ago, I had a skateboard accident (I know, too old), fell chin first on the pavement. Ended up with a chin like Jay Leno's.

In other words, I feel your pain. Your hair will grow back though! :Hug2:

Ken
07-24-2013, 02:13 AM
... ah. Give it a few weeks.
You may very well come to like your new haircut.
Like all big changes, it may take some getting used to.
And remember. Looks are superficial nonsense.
It's personality and whatnot that counts.
And you've got plenty. Sure your hub'd be quick to agree ;-)