PDA

View Full Version : This son-of-a-witch stole my screenplay!

Lantern Jack
02-16-2006, 05:35 PM
I apologize, I was being an idiot (i.e. myself). I think it's time for a personality overhaul;)

William Haskins
02-16-2006, 06:32 PM
you should always register screenplays with the WGA. he was certainly wrong for stealing it, but you dropped the ball, sir.

maestrowork
02-16-2006, 06:37 PM
While I am sorry that happened to you (that bastard), Will is correct. You dropped the ball. You gave the script away, not registered your copy first, and then destroyed your own copies. It sucks, but there's nothing you could do now.

Write another script. And this time, for cryin' out loud, register it.

Lantern Jack
02-16-2006, 08:52 PM
I apologize, I was being an idiot (i.e. myself). I think it's time for a personality overhaul;)

William Haskins
02-16-2006, 09:00 PM
sounds like a great philosophy for protecting your intellectual property. good luck with all that and remember: it costs a hell of a lot more to keep a lawyer on retainer than it does to register your work like all of us dumb suckers.

but i'm sure it's worth it.

Lantern Jack
02-16-2006, 09:07 PM

William Haskins
02-16-2006, 09:15 PM
oh.

sorry to make you feel worse. i thought you were engaging people in conversation about your situation, not looking for a backrub.

maybe you should start prefacing these whiny rants with "i'm not looking for advice or enlightenment, i just want to wallow in misfortune publicly. please pity me."

it'd make things easier on all of us.

Royale With Cheese
02-16-2006, 09:26 PM
Some of us don't have $30 to throw away every time we churn out a written work, and that's not including printing costs, envelopes and stamps. I feel enough like an *** as it is. Thanks for making me feel worse.

Calvin to his dad in Calvin & Hobbes:

Let's pretend I feel bad enough as it is, so let's not rub it in any more.

I wouldn't consider it throwing money away. It's actualy a good investment. If you are going to shop your work around or write a script for someone else you should register it. Creative work you don't plan on shopping around certainly doesn't need registered.

Lantern Jack
02-16-2006, 09:28 PM

William Haskins
02-16-2006, 09:30 PM
i love you, jack. deeply.

Sheryl Nantus
02-16-2006, 09:31 PM
so... you wanted us to join you on this witchhunt for a guy who supposedly took a screenplay of yours two years ago, did nothing with it and probably tossed it out?

uh... right.

maestrowork
02-16-2006, 09:43 PM
I was ... inviting people to abuse this louse roundly, along with me. I really don't give a crap about the screenplay.

If you don't care about the screenplay then what's the point of all this, just because you hate the guy's gut? Sorry, we don't know the guy so it's silly to expect any of us to "abuse that louse roundly" because you don't even give a crap about the screenplay, which was what you were wheeling about in the first place.

If it's just a stunt to draw attention to yourself, then Jack, I'm done. You've wasted a good few minutes of my time caring...

Celia Cyanide
02-16-2006, 09:45 PM
so... you wanted us to join you on this witchhunt for a guy who supposedly took a screenplay of yours two years ago, did nothing with it and probably tossed it out?

uh... right.

NO!!!!

When did he say he wanted you to join him on a witch hunt?

He said he doesn't have the screenplay anymore, and this guy has his only copies! He's upset about this. And why not?

William Haskins
02-16-2006, 09:47 PM
cool it guys. jack's lawyer's here.

maestrowork
02-16-2006, 09:54 PM
NO!!!!

When did he say he wanted you to join him on a witch hunt?

He said he doesn't have the screenplay anymore, and this guy has his only copies! He's upset about this. And why not?

But he just said he didn't give a crap about the screenplay...

ah, the mystery of jack...

Royale With Cheese
02-16-2006, 09:58 PM
lol, wow you guys are ruthless.

veinglory
02-16-2006, 10:02 PM
I think some of you being hard on the guy in descending to personal insults and putting words in his mouth.

maestrowork
02-16-2006, 10:06 PM
I think some of you being hard on the guy in descending to personal insults and putting words in his mouth.

These are exactly from Lantern Jack's mouth. You be the judge:

Do you not know when to shut the hell up?

Is your real name Jason Duvall, by any chance?

I was clearly not whining, but inviting people to abuse this louse roundly, along with me. I really don't give a crap about the screenplay. I would assume by the way I was going so over the top, you would realize (duh!) I was being melodramatic for comic effect.

I clearly wasn't seeking an officious sermon on the ridiculously obvious, you vicious, attention-seeking troll (that's right, I don't forget; you want me to watch my mouth? scotch tape your own first).

And for the thousandth time, stay the hell away from me! And that goes for anyone else who can't take a joke and just wants to gallop around on their high horses.

Patronizing cretins!

William Haskins
02-16-2006, 10:07 PM
or this:

In 2004, he had me pen a screenplay for him, autobiographical, concerning an asexual relationship I had with a nymphomaniac.

Sheryl Nantus
02-16-2006, 10:09 PM
I'm still unsure if the entire thing happened anyway.

*shrugs*

aka eraser
02-16-2006, 10:25 PM
Here's me doling out chill pills.

Here's everybody taking one and mellowing out.

This is Office Party folks. Relax.

William Haskins
02-16-2006, 10:27 PM
You know I've smoked a lot of grass
O' Lord, I've popped a lot of pills
But I never touched nothin'
That my spirit could kill
You know, I've seen a lot of people walkin' 'round
With tombstones in their eyes
But the pusher don't care
Ah, if you live or if you die

God damn, The Pusher
God damn, I say The Pusher
I said God damn, God damn The Pusher man

You know the dealer, the dealer is a man
With the love grass in his hand
Oh but the pusher is a monster
Good God, he's not a natural man
The dealer for a nickel
Lord, will sell you lots of sweet dreams
Ah, but the pusher ruin your body
Lord, he'll leave your, he'll leave your mind to scream

God damn, The Pusher
God damn, God damn the Pusher
I said God damn, God, God damn The Pusher man

Well, now if I were the president of this land
You know, I'd declare total war on The Pusher man
I'd cut him if he stands, and I'd shoot him if he'd run
Yes I'd kill him with my Bible and my razor and my gun

God damn The Pusher
Gad damn The Pusher

robeiae
02-17-2006, 02:39 AM
LJ, do you know if the guy has an innie or an outie? It's for a survey I'm doing on Evil. Thanks.

Rob :)

My-Immortal
02-17-2006, 02:43 AM
LJ is doing his James Frey imitation again.... ;)

My-Immortal
02-17-2006, 02:50 AM
NO!!!!

1) When did he say he wanted you to join him on a witch hunt?

He said he doesn't have the screenplay anymore, and this guy has his only copies! 2) He's upset about this. And why not?

1) Lantern Jack: "I was clearly not whining, but inviting people to abuse this louse roundly, along with me."

2) Lantern Jack: "I really don't give a crap about the screenplay."

Does this help to answer your questions?

Take care all -

William Haskins
02-17-2006, 02:53 AM
god dammit, quit picking on jack.

My-Immortal
02-17-2006, 02:57 AM
god dammit, quit picking on jack.

I thought I was picking on his lawyer..... :) ....but now I see his bouncer has entered the picture.

roach
02-17-2006, 02:57 AM
God damn, The Pusher

OMG! I never thought I'd see the day when Steppenwolf was quoted on a message board.

Don't mind me I'm just getting ready for a thorough thrashing by my critique group tonight and am a bit giddy.

Celia Cyanide
02-17-2006, 03:05 AM
1) Lantern Jack: "I was clearly not whining, but inviting people to abuse this louse roundly, along with me."

On the board, not it real life. Geez.

eldragon
02-17-2006, 03:16 AM
In 2004, he had me pen a screenplay for him, autobiographical, concerning an asexual relationship I had with a nymphomaniac.

Quick! Write a memoir .......complete with names!

Surely there is something that you find in the screenplay to prove you wrote it.

Have anything other than college back slaps become of the play?

jackie106
02-17-2006, 03:30 AM
L-Jack:

If you can't afford to copyright your work, have you considered buying CDs to back it up? It won't get your screenplay back, but at least you can avoid losing work the next time you get the blue screen of death.

Jackie

eldragon
02-17-2006, 06:27 AM
And of course, there is the poor man's copyright. Print out a copy of your work, or just use a disc ...........put it in the mail addressed to yourself. When you receive it, don't open it. Put it aside with the seal and postmark intact.

Just make sure you do that before sending it out or giving it to anyone else.

trumancoyote
02-17-2006, 06:31 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poor_Man%27s_Copyright

Maryn
02-17-2006, 06:48 AM
Thanks, truman. You saved me a copy-and-paste rant.

First writing class I ever took--before computers--taught us to keep two copies of any completed work, in two locations. Carving two stone tablets wasn't easy, but man, it teaches you to make every word count.

Maryn, who now emails chapters to herself

poetinahat
02-17-2006, 06:58 AM
Jack, just curious: do you ever post on threads other people start? It'd be good to see you in another milieu, bud.

William Haskins
02-17-2006, 07:00 AM
exactly. jack would be the guy to get up to deliver a eulogy and launch into 30 minutes on how his hangnail hurts.

Lantern Jack
02-17-2006, 08:54 AM

jst5150
02-17-2006, 09:02 AM
Your alledged thief looks alot like one of the kids from "Home Improvement." That said ...

Maybe you could call that lawyer who's getting patents for storylines (and while you're at it, call the Westminster Dog Show-winning pit bull. Oh. And get a priest and a rabbi -- just cuz). Then, get the barrister to sue on your behalf. And then he could copyright the story line of [Ahem], the angry screenwriter who's script got lifted by Zachery Ty Bryan while Tim attempted to mate a 200 horsepower Honda generator to Jill's "shaky little rabbit friend" she keeps in the little basket under her bed to "supe up the ruckus in the rumble room." Get the pit bull to bite something delicate on the lad's torso. The priest and the rabbi could walk into a bar together ...

And next time, remember Tom Clancy's philosophy: "No, you can't f**king see it and I'm not f**king talking about future projects. Now when is dinner, Grandma."

Tom's likes the vulgar, you know ...

Lantern Jack
02-17-2006, 09:07 AM

eldragon
02-17-2006, 06:47 PM
1) I want to marry the dude with the Pulp Fic John Travolta as his Avatar, purely because of his Avatar. You rock, Dude! You, too, Johnnie boy!

Royale? You've been proposed to.

Jcomp
02-17-2006, 06:49 PM
Thanks, truman. You saved me a copy-and-paste rant.

First writing class I ever took--before computers--taught us to keep two copies of any completed work, in two locations. Carving two stone tablets wasn't easy, but man, it teaches you to make every word count.

Maryn, who now emails chapters to herself

I have spare copies of everythin I write everywhere. Saved on computer. Saved to email. Saved to yahoo briefcase. Saved to disk. It's not that hard, and I'm thinking that a simultatneous crash/destruction of all these systems would qualify as an "Act of God," which would qualify as "God doesn't like you Johnny," which would put me at a disadvantage of becoming a famous author/screenwriter any damn way.

Since I'm here, question about copyrights. I've on a occassion, when strapped for 30 bucks to send to the US Copyright office, sent in 2-4 screenplays at one time, all as one huge bulk "anthology" in tinier font so that, you know, instead of dropping 60-120 bucks it's only 30. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but maybe the brilliant loophole I've discovered makes my registration completely invalid. Does anyone know?

eldragon
02-17-2006, 06:52 PM
4) I am sick of sanctimonious people (not naming names, just speaking generally) who infer all the wrong things in what I say and attack me simply because they see me as the sum of all things wicked in the industry: opportunism, greed, malice, hate-mongering, histrionic, attention-seeking, sharkish, bitter, spiteful, rude. No man can be the devilish ultimate of all nastiness, not even me. I'm tired of people who share my characteristics treating me like a whipping boy and scapegrace. I'm sick of hypocrites singling me out because I'm an easy target. Will Haskins say far worse, and Optimus, every day, but I am singled out, why? I don't know. I don't have the answer to that. People jump on me for inflammatory and contradictory remarks, all the time ignoring their own pharasitical actions and words. Why? Again, no answer. Merely puzzled and puzzling.

LJ - this board is much like the movie BARFLY - you know, the Charles Bukowski film?

William is the bartender at the seedy bar ......the one who wears the filthy apron and constantly beats the crap out of Mickey Rourkes character ........Henry Chinaski. Always the center of attention, but he eventually gets the crap kicked out of him by Henry.

Sheryl is the old woman that sits at the bar, encouraging every word the bartender says .......pointing fingers at Henry and sucking down beer. "You gonna buy one or be one?"

The only open part is that of Henry ......the genius writer. A mis-fit who refuses to join the rat race.

You want the part? It's not a glamorous one, but he does get the girl (s) in the end - and Fay Dunaway is quite a catch.

William Haskins
02-17-2006, 06:53 PM
4) I am sick of sanctimonious people (not naming names, just speaking generally) who infer all the wrong things in what I say and attack me simply because they see me as the sum of all things wicked in the industry: opportunism, greed, malice, hate-mongering, histrionic, attention-seeking, sharkish, bitter, spiteful, rude. No man can be the devilish ultimate of all nastiness, not even me. I'm tired of people who share my characteristics treating me like a whipping boy and scapegrace. I'm sick of hypocrites singling me out because I'm an easy target. Will Haskins say far worse, and Optimus, every day, but I am singled out, why? I don't know. I don't have the answer to that. People jump on me for inflammatory and contradictory remarks, all the time ignoring their own pharasitical actions and words. Why? Again, no answer. Merely puzzled and puzzling.

it never fails to amaze me how you can, one moment, go on the attack, either besmirching whole groups of people (rednecks) or engaging in character assassination against your enemies (real or imagined), and then lapse back into your passive-aggressive "easy target" crap.

do tell, what makes you an easy target? the internet is the great equalizer; we're all just text on a screen. you can't play your sympathy card here.

when i say something offensive (and i do) and someone attacks back or calls me out on it, i'll either fight it out or inject some humor to break the tension. i don't cry like a b1tch because someone guns for me the way i've gunned for someone else.

you're a self-absorbed baby who likes to only play in your own sandbox, where you can go cry to mommy if someone eats one of your cookies.

Royale With Cheese
02-17-2006, 07:44 PM
Clarification:

1) I want to marry the dude with the Pulp Fic John Travolta as his Avatar, purely because of his Avatar. You rock, Dude! You, too, Johnnie boy!

Uh thanks man...I guess. Please edit this post and add "In a not gay way"

TIA! :D

Sarita
02-17-2006, 08:04 PM
3) Why did I start this thread: Sometimes people aren't looking for advice or to start a debate, they just want or need people of like mind or interests to share their anger. I wasn't interested in sympathy or advice or anything or a witch hunt. I just was hoping that my fellow writers might rage with me a bit against the plagiarists and imagination thieves of the world. The thing is this, Jack: When you post something on the board and leave it open for comment, people will have something to say, so they say it. You can't control how people respond to your threads. Would you really want to?

Besides, Will started out by offering you some helpful advice. That's the ultimate purpose of this board, to bring writers together so that we can learn from one another.

William Haskins
02-17-2006, 08:06 PM
Besides, Will started out by offering you some helpful advice. That's the ultimate purpose of this board, to bring writers together so that we can learn from one another.

i try to help, and they wound me, sara. they wound me.

robeiae
02-17-2006, 08:07 PM
I'm still waiting to find out if this guy has an innie or an outie...

Rob :)

Celia Cyanide
02-17-2006, 08:19 PM
The thing is this, Jack: When you post something on the board and leave it open for comment, people will have something to say, so they say it. You can't control how people respond to your threads. Would you really want to?

I agree with you, Sara. I know people can respond any way that want. However, my feeling is, there are times when I can't understand why people respond the way they do. You can't control how people respond to your threads, but you can't expect other people only start threads that you approve of. I don't mean people shouldn't disagree, but I don't see the point of posting, "Why did you post this? I don't care, and I don't believe you."

I read posts by people that occur to me to be pointless, obnoxious, or just plain idiotic. I don't point it out, because I don't think it would accomplish anything. I try not to make posts that would do little more than aggravate people or hurt their feelings. And I'm not even a very nice person.

Lantern Jack
02-17-2006, 08:22 PM

trumancoyote
02-17-2006, 08:28 PM
Jack, William is far from unsympathetic. He'll call you on things, and he hates to see people livin' lies, being harmful to themselves -- but that's not unsympathetic. That's some pretty damn pure sympathy if I've ever known it.

You'd do best to step back and read carefully what he's actually saying to you.

William Haskins
02-17-2006, 08:28 PM
yes, i'm quite frightened at the prospect of your wrath.

Sheryl Nantus
02-17-2006, 08:31 PM
A self-absorbed baby? Yes, probably. But a self-absorbed baby who could kick your ostentatious a$$ from here to Mexico City.

- LJ, teeny David who has slain giants more baby-brained than this pathetic Bumbledore (that acidly and sardonically humorous enough for you, O apologist for beer-logged bucolics?)

P.S. You know what, WH, you're absolutely right. Why should I play the sympathy card, especially with asympathetic monster like you? After all, I hail from New York, "the **** You" state. Any time you want to start some ****, you know where I live:guns:

ah, the classic response - to threaten physical violence.

:Shrug:

I love when you menfolk decide that the best way to settle something is to bash each other. Beating your chests and declaring your manhood... ooh, I'm impressed.

Not.

and a clear sign that you've lost the argument right there - all you need to do now is call him a Nazi and it'll be complete.

:ROFL:

Jcomp
02-17-2006, 08:44 PM
I love when you menfolk decide that the best way to settle something is to bash each other. Beating your chests and declaring your manhood... ooh, I'm impressed.

Fighting is wack, and for ugly dudes who don't mind getting their features bruised up anyway.

I was with you Jack, then you went to the "I'm from New York blah blah" and now it's just...kind of sad I suppose. Besides, everyone knows you don't invite someone to come to your crib to fight. You show up at their place unannounced, give them a Buck 50 with a straight razor while they're checking their mail, then vanish.

Not that I would know about that...

William Haskins
02-17-2006, 08:47 PM
hey, don't wrap me up in your "you menfolk" crap. i haven't threatened jack.

Royale With Cheese
02-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Fighting is wack, and for ugly dudes who don't mind getting their features bruised up anyway.

I was with you Jack, then you went to the "I'm from New York blah blah" and now it's just...kind of sad I suppose. Besides, everyone knows you don't invite someone to come to your crib to fight. You show up at their place unannounced, give them a Buck 50 with a straight razor while they're checking their mail, then vanish.

Not that I would know about that...

Funny you say "wack". I threw a guy through some drywall the other night because he called my ride wack. I'm not about to be dissed in front of my peeps. I'm a hard hitting mutha f$ucker. That's just how I roll.

Lantern Jack
02-17-2006, 09:16 PM

Lantern Jack
02-17-2006, 09:19 PM

Sheryl Nantus
02-17-2006, 09:20 PM
hey, don't wrap me up in your "you menfolk" crap. i haven't threatened jack.

ah, true - I stand corrected.

:)

Sheryl Nantus
02-17-2006, 09:24 PM
And besides, I was provoked, most sorely.

oh, please... this is like babies on the playground.

don't post if you don't expect to get some answers that you don't like. And "calling out" posters is about as juvenile as it gets. No one's physically threatened you or your family and yet you're all bluster and spit - whoo, I'm impressed.

the anonymity of the Internet allows people to be much more abrasive than in real life - I doubt you walk around Buffalo calling out anyone who disagrees with you and offering to fistfight.

put everyone on "ignore" and then you'll just get those who agree with you. Won't be very interesting, but then... so it goes.

at least it'll be quieter.

:Shrug:

William Haskins
02-17-2006, 09:28 PM
And besides, I was provoked, most sorely. I've decided the simplest way to deal with Haskins is to put him on my ignore list, before I suffer a massive coronary.

jessssus, what a pusssy.

trumancoyote
02-18-2006, 12:01 AM
"Self-absorbed baby."

"Attention whore."

"Vicious troll."

That's your definition of helping? Why should I not be surprised? Your definition of friendship is to completely ignore the people you demand friendship from.

And now you come after me.

Finger nebber say, "look here," him say, "look dere."

My-Immortal
02-18-2006, 12:07 AM
[QUOTE=Lantern Jack]
6) And Will, Maestro, Opti, My, allow me to beat you to the punch: Hey, Lantern, if we wanted to hear whiny, self-involved moping we'd buy a Norman Mailer audio book. Grow up, you selfish, little loser. When are you going to realize there are other people in the world beside yourself? Now quit the self-flagellatory exhibition and grow a pair, you little creep./QUOTE]

Thanks LJ, but you really don't need to put words in my mouth. If I wish to comment about your passive-aggressive posts, I will.

By the way, it seems like your old friend Clint is doing well in college. Good for him.

Take care all -

special needs
02-18-2006, 12:10 AM
Would it be wrong to comment that the guy in the picture is exceptionally good-looking?

My-Immortal
02-18-2006, 12:21 AM
Would it be wrong to comment that the guy in the picture is exceptionally good-looking?

He looks like an actor...I know someone mentioned the kid on Home Improvement, but he looks like another actor, but I can't think of the name....

eldragon
02-18-2006, 12:46 AM
He looks like a young and slightly better looking Philip Seymour Hoffman.

My-Immortal
02-18-2006, 12:49 AM
He looks like a young and slightly better looking Philip Seymour Hoffman.

He does look a little like PSH. PSH is so good in everything I've ever seen him in.

eldragon
02-18-2006, 12:50 AM
That movie about his wife commiting suicide, and he starts sniffing gas? Goodness. how gutwrenching was that?

My-Immortal
02-18-2006, 12:54 AM
That movie about his wife commiting suicide, and he starts sniffing gas? Goodness. how gutwrenching was that?

What movie was that? I haven't seen that one.

I watched Punch Drunk Love the other day....VERY odd movie....but PSH was in it. He plays the slimey, strange characters well! LOL

Liked him in that movie with Ben Stiller and Jennifer Aniston....Polly something...?

I want to see Capote (probably on DVD when it comes out).

I've seen a trailer of the new Mission Impossible 3 - he plays the villain....and I'm sure he's going to out-act Cruise but because he's in it, I'll probably want to watch.

Celia Cyanide
02-18-2006, 01:28 AM

Was it Love Liza?

Phillip Seymour Hoffman is amazing, but not at all good looking

eldragon
02-18-2006, 02:12 AM
Yes, it was Love, Liza.

Depressing, but intriguing.

I love Punch Drunk Love.

It was partially the reason why I decided to admire Adam Sandler. That and Eight Crazy Nights.

special needs
02-18-2006, 02:15 AM
I love Adam Sandler because of Billy Madison. Come heeeeeeere penguin....

"The part of the story that I don't like is that the boy gave up looking for Happy after just an hour. He didn't put posters up or nothin', he just sat on the porch like a goon (sp?) and waited. Y' know, that boy's gotta think, you got a dog, you got a responsibility. If your dog gets lost, you don't look for an hour and call it quits. You get your A$$ out there and you find that ------ dog!"

-giggles-

My-Immortal
02-18-2006, 06:46 AM
Was it Love Liza?

Phillip Seymour Hoffman is amazing, but not at all good looking

Does he need to be good looking though?

I think he has an interesting face....

Eldragon - I wouldn't say I "loved" Punch Drunk Love....but it was good. Odd. I think I need to watch it again.

By the way: I'm watching Mulholland Drive again....anyone watch that movie? I think I understand it....LOL

Celia Cyanide
02-18-2006, 06:59 AM
Does he need to be good looking though?

No, special needs said this dude was good looking, and eldragon said he looked like Phillip Seymore Hoffman. IMO, the two are mutually exclusive.

eldragon
02-18-2006, 08:00 AM
Actually, I said "a slightly better looking PSH."

Met you halfway on that.

ChaosTitan
02-18-2006, 08:32 AM
Actually, Clint kinda looks like the love child of Zachary Ty Brian ("Home Improvement") and Devon Sawa (Final Destination). :ROFL:

Optimus
02-18-2006, 09:34 AM
You know I've smoked a lot of grass
O' Lord, I've popped a lot of pills
But I never touched nothin'
That my spirit could kill
You know, I've seen a lot of people walkin' 'round
With tombstones in their eyes
But the pusher don't care
Ah, if you live or if you die

God damn, The Pusher

You know the dealer, the dealer is a man
With the love grass in his hand
Oh but the pusher is a monster
Good God, he's not a natural man
The dealer for a nickel
Lord, will sell you lots of sweet dreams
Ah, but the pusher ruin your body
Lord, he'll leave your, he'll leave your mind to scream

God damn, The Pusher
God damn, God damn the Pusher
I said God damn, God, God damn The Pusher man

Well, now if I were the president of this land
You know, I'd declare total war on The Pusher man
I'd cut him if he stands, and I'd shoot him if he'd run
Yes I'd kill him with my Bible and my razor and my gun

God damn The Pusher
Gad damn The Pusher

Ah ha! I inspired you by mentioning that song on DD the other day, didn't I?

I knew it! I'm an inspiration to you!

Optimus
02-18-2006, 09:50 AM
2) If anyone's wondering where all the hostility comes from, regarding Will Haskins and I: a couple months ago, I set up a thread making fun of "the God Warrior" from Trading Spouses and Will posted on the thread, calling me a "vicious troll" and a "whiny attention whore," completely unprovoked. I was making general remarks and he had to start a subjective attack. I don't care if a person's sarcastic, but pissing on somebody that harshly over a stupid thread is completely out of line.

3) Why did I start this thread: Sometimes people aren't looking for advice or to start a debate, they just want or need people of like mind or interests to share their anger. I wasn't interested in sympathy or advice or anything or a witch hunt. I just was hoping that my fellow writers might rage with me a bit against the plagiarists and imagination thieves of the world.

5) Yes, I realize that none of what I say will matter, that people prefer me to regard me in a mirror darkly, to see me as sardonic freak. So be it, but you do not only me but others a disservice as well:

Both Zach and Celia have befriended me, for which I am grateful. They look past my faults and appreciate me for who I am, and I hope they realize I do likewise for them. Writers are gifted for being able to sympathize with scoundrels and deviants. How come you can care for Alex de Large, but not me? It's all backward. At least, that's the way I see it.

Scalding misfits is a wholly unwriterly way to act.

6) And Will, Maestro, Opti, My, allow me to beat you to the punch: Hey, Lantern, if we wanted to hear whiny, self-involved moping we'd buy a Norman Mailer audio book. Grow up, you selfish, little loser. When are you going to realize there are other people in the world beside yourself? Now quit the self-flagellatory exhibition and grow a pair, you little creep.

Diagnostic criteria for 301.0 Paranoid Personality Disorder

A. A pervasive distrust and suspiciousness of others such that their motives are interpreted as malevolent, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by four (or more) of the following:

(1) suspects, without sufficient basis, that others are exploiting, harming, or deceiving him or her
(2) is preoccupied with unjustified doubts about the loyalty or trustworthiness of friends or associates
(3) is reluctant to confide in others because of unwarranted fear that the information will be used maliciously against him or her
(4) reads hidden demeaning or threatening meanings into benign remarks or events
(5) persistently bears grudges, i.e., is unforgiving of insults, injuries, or slights
(6) perceives attacks on his or her character or reputation that are not apparent to others and is quick to react angrily or to counterattack
(7) has recurrent suspicions, without justification, regarding fidelity of spouse or sexual partner

B. Does not occur exclusively during the course of Schizophrenia, a Mood Disorder With Psychotic Features, or another Psychotic Disorder and is not due to the direct physiological effects of a general medical condition.
Note: If criteria are met prior to the onset of Schizophrenia, add "Premorbid," e.g., "Paranoid Personality Disorder (Premorbid)."

My-Immortal
02-18-2006, 10:10 AM
Diagnostic criteria for 301.0 Paranoid Personality Disorder

A. A pervasive distrust and suspiciousness of others such that their motives are interpreted as malevolent, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by four (or more) of the following:

(1) suspects, without sufficient basis, that others are exploiting, harming, or deceiving him or her
(2) is preoccupied with unjustified doubts about the loyalty or trustworthiness of friends or associates
(3) is reluctant to confide in others because of unwarranted fear that the information will be used maliciously against him or her
(4) reads hidden demeaning or threatening meanings into benign remarks or events
(5) persistently bears grudges, i.e., is unforgiving of insults, injuries, or slights
(6) perceives attacks on his or her character or reputation that are not apparent to others and is quick to react angrily or to counterattack
(7) has recurrent suspicions, without justification, regarding fidelity of spouse or sexual partner

B. Does not occur exclusively during the course of Schizophrenia, a Mood Disorder With Psychotic Features, or another Psychotic Disorder and is not due to the direct physiological effects of a general medical condition.
Note: If criteria are met prior to the onset of Schizophrenia, add "Premorbid," e.g., "Paranoid Personality Disorder (Premorbid)."

This sounds like someone I know....

Lantern Jack
02-19-2006, 11:01 AM