Redskins Training Camp...

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
... Is about a 25-minute drive from our home.

Needless to say, Mr. Hunny is pretty excited. :snoopy:

The first workout open to the public is on Thursday.

Anyone coming down to Richmond?

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hubby went yesterday - Said he enjoyed it.

Was impressed with the facilities and said that RGIII looks "taller in real life."

Parking was sketchy, but he walked 2 miles (round trip) from his car to the camp - so he was glad to get a little exercise in as well. :)

He'll probably go back next week (to a morning session) with a friend.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
His knee is not destroyed, is it? A kid of his talent, that would be such a shame.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No, he's been released and given the OK from his doctors and trainers to play.

He's ready and anxious to get started.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes,

I think the coach is trying to avoid any pre-season mishaps - yanno, just in case. ;)

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
RG3 says he will wear the knee brace all season like he did at Baylor in 2010. He took the brace off for 2011 and won the Heisman Trophy, so he is hoping to repeat his performance record at Baylor...

The Skins have all the ingredients to repeat last year's performances and even one up it. I still do not think they are Super Bowl caliber yet, especially on defense.

Glad your hubby got to go and watch as it is an experience...

AskMalice

Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to draft RG3 again this season for my fantasy football league but ended up reaching and getting Peyton Manning. I may regret this!

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Commonwealth of Virginia--it's for lovers
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com
I live in DC, so naturally everyone is pissing themselves with excitement about the coming season. This morning, while I was on my uber-packed commuter bus (full of office workers in suits and/or Ann Taylor), the bus driver started announcing the Redskins' preseason game with Tennessee. He went on for two straight minutes, talking about RGIII and the team as if it were a radio ad. It was hilarious. And half the bus couldn't even hear him!

Anyway, the local news has daily coverage of training camp (obviously). The other day, M. Shanahan was talking about how important it was to make sure RGIII's knee was safe, and how they were going to be very careful. Which is pretty rich, coming from the guy who let a 22-year-old rookie with the world on his shoulders decide whether he was healthy enough to play . . . which of course ended with RGIII's knee being blown out. Perhaps you should have taken better care of him so that he didn't get injured in the first place?

ETA: Clearly, I'm still a little bitter about RGIII's injury, and it's pretty clear where I think most the blame lies.

Last edited:

thothguard51

Registered
Reaction score
RG3 also had a hand in making the decision to go back in. But that was last year and I think the coach and QB have learned a valuable lesson...

Kirk Cousins was a steal and I am glad he was not traded away...

The only team I am worried about within the Eastern Conference are the Giants. They always seem to come back after an off year.

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Commonwealth of Virginia--it's for lovers
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com
RG3 also had a hand in making the decision to go back in. But that was last year and I think the coach and QB have learned a valuable lesson...

Kirk Cousins was a steal and I am glad he was not traded away...

The only team I am worried about within the Eastern Conference are the Giants. They always seem to come back after an off year.

Granted on all points (except maybe the Giants, but only time can tell). Hopefully a lesson was learned, and hopefully RGIII stays healthy. I'm hoping for playoffs this year.:D

thothguard51

Registered
Reaction score
I think the biggest improvement I have seen from the Skins in the past couple of years is that the owner, Dan Snyder, is in the background. Finally.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Now if they could only do something about that nickname.

Makes me glad I'm a 49ers fan. Less controversy, more Super Bowl wins. :D

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OK,

Did anyone else watch Redskins Nation last night and hear Larry Michael (no "s") give a Happy 50th Birthday Shout-out to my hubby? :snoopy: