PDA

View Full Version : RED 2

DeleyanLee
07-20-2013, 11:12 PM
Just came back from it. It was exactly what I wanted--good action, some fun lines, Helen Mirren graciously killing people, good fun. I'm really hoping they bring back Hun for RED 3. They set up that relationship really nicely. Anyone else seen it?

K. Taylor
07-21-2013, 11:48 AM
Will do ASAP. Loved RED. Been excited for this since I first heard they were filming.

Lavern08
07-23-2013, 07:04 PM
I loved RED also, so I'll definitely watch this as well (when it comes out on pay-per-view) :)

nighttimer
07-25-2013, 10:37 AM
Loved the original comic book by Warren Ellis and Cully Hamner and was bored shitless by Red which had almost nothing to do with the source material and seemed to exist only to give a bored Bruce Willis a new property to smirk and laze through.

I have no idea why this sequel was necessary. Besides to give a bored Bruce Willis a new property to smirk and laze through.

And I'm not kidding about a bored Bruce Willis (http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=819468&_p=3b766a15-3152-4f63-82cd-f1a5bc7a9c99). He treats this poor schmuck of a interviewer like a skin disease.

K. Taylor
07-25-2013, 09:03 PM
Don't know about a comic book. Plenty of people found RED hilarious with a great team and wanted to see more adventures, and since it was profitable, it's natural to get a sequel.

Manuel Royal
07-28-2013, 10:26 PM
Funny how you can get completely different fictional versions of the CIA, MI6, and other spy agencies, depending on which movies you watch. In movies like RED, those agencies seem to devote most of their resources to assassinations, car chases, and extremely public shootouts with no apparent consequences. In a movie like Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, you probably get a much more realistic picture.

It does seem like a while since I saw Bruce Willis looking completely engaged in the movie he was making.

I forget, but in the first movie, didn't Mary-Louise Parker's character have a career? Now she's just the girlfriend.

Chase
07-29-2013, 12:18 AM
I loved RED also, so I'll definitely watch this as well...

Me, too. In fact, I just watched it again and can hardly wait 'til Red 2 is out on Blu-Ray. I'm expecting spoofs on the three-letter agencies and will be disappointed if there's no ATF. They can be the funniest of all.

veinglory
07-29-2013, 02:30 AM
I just saw Red 2 and it was fun. But I am not 100% comfortable with the body count.

Myrealana
07-29-2013, 06:02 PM
Saw it Saturday night. I had a great time.

Basically, if you liked the first one, this one will be right up your alley.

Goldberry
08-21-2013, 05:23 AM
I took my mom to see it, but she never saw the first movie, so she didn't really appreciate it. I really loved the first movie, but I was a bit disappointed with the sequel. I love John Malkovich and Helen Mirren, and I enjoyed their scenes. I think it's just tough to create a sequel and have it be just as good as the first movie.

I think I'm a bit tired of Bruce Willis. Does he play the same character in every movie?

Mystikal
08-22-2013, 04:59 AM
Red was such a good movie and I don't normally care for Bruce Willis movies. Of course, the rest of the amazing cast helped out on that one. I'm a bit hesitant when it comes to sequels, but the first one was so good I'm considering it.

Vespertilion
08-22-2013, 05:37 AM
For me, RED 2 fell a bit short of the first, but was still entertaining.

Alpha Echo
08-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Red 2 looks great...but I don't remember there ever being a Red original. Should I watch that one first?

Filigree
08-22-2013, 10:07 PM
You should, otherwise you might miss some of the dynamics and in-jokes.

Alpha Echo
08-22-2013, 11:26 PM
Well, I texted my husband and asked him to pick up the first one from Best Buy for tonight. :)

DeleyanLee
08-23-2013, 08:59 PM
Hope you enjoy it. :D

Alpha Echo
08-23-2013, 11:03 PM
I know this is the Red 2 thread - but I only thought Red was okay. Probably won't be watching Red 2. My husband didn't even watch it with me and cut it short for the Nats' game. *shrug*