PDA

View Full Version : Seeking writers for a start-up Indie Arts web magazine

theindieplace
07-19-2013, 08:14 PM
Hi everyone!

The Indie Place is seeking writers for content for our website. This is an online magazine focusing on the Indie artist. What sets us apart from others is our focus on ALL Indie artists.

Musicians, Actors, Filmmakers, Writers, Sculptors, Painters, you name it, we will write about it.

We are looking for Articles on these topics, How-To's, and reviews. This site is nationwide, so you can write about your local artist and we will tag it with the city.

Each writer will have a bio, picture and a link to a website and twitter.

This is currently a non paying gig as we are still in the start-up phase and not generating revenue, however we hope to change that soon.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you would like to submit you may do so at submissions@theindieplace.com (submissions@theindieplace.com)

Alessandra Kelley
07-19-2013, 08:20 PM
I am curious as to what "Indie" means outside of a musical context.

What defines an "Indie" visual artist or an "Indie" writer?

theindieplace
07-20-2013, 07:09 PM
I am curious as to what "Indie" means outside of a musical context.

What defines an "Indie" visual artist or an "Indie" writer?

Hi Alessandra,

The term Indie can mean a lot of things to many people. The most common thing you think of when you think Indie is Musicians or Film, and there are plenty of sites out there that cater to those groups individually.

I found a quote from an article at CNN.com titled "If it's cool, creative, and different, it's indie," by journalist Catherine Andrews:

"The term 'indie' traditionally refers to independent art -- music, film, literature or anything that fits under the broad banner of culture -- created outside of the mainstream and without corporate financing."

At its core, that is what Indie is. You can go deeper into its meaning within the multiple genres.

For an Indie writer, this can mean many things. Self published, using a small publishing house, independant publishers etc...

Same with a visual artist.

Hope this helps!

Mystikal
08-31-2013, 07:45 PM
Just curious if this would be a gig one could put on the resume, or if it a ghost writing thing. I've finished so many ghost writing projects that I'm practically invisible in the eyes of many. Would love to put in some work where people can actually see who I am. I'll check out your site and see if I have anything for you.

theindieplace
08-31-2013, 08:11 PM
Just curious if this would be a gig one could put on the resume, or if it a ghost writing thing. I've finished so many ghost writing projects that I'm practically invisible in the eyes of many. Would love to put in some work where people can actually see who I am. I'll check out your site and see if I have anything for you.

Every post that would be published would include the authors byline pending approval. You would have a Bio, picture and a link to your own site and/or social media profile. FB, twitter etc...

Our site should launch hopefully by the end of next week.