Sending a revision to an agent that has my full

S. L. Saboviec

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saboviec.com
I've been querying. I realized that my opening chapters flailed around and were not in the correct order. I had some betas giving me feedback. I'm revising and waiting for more feedback.

One agent has my full manuscript. When my revisions are done, do I send it to her? How might I go about doing that?

mayqueen

Registered
Reaction score
Check through some of the archives in this subforum. I know this has come up before because I know I've asked. :) Also, check out this blog.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

You very politely say that you know she's busy, but you've revised and feel it's a lot better, and would she like to read the new version instead of the old one. (That won't work if she's already read it, of course.) Only do this ONCE. No third or fourth revisions. So make sure it's the way you want it before you send the new version.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

S. L. Saboviec

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saboviec.com
Thanks. I did think I was done and polished with the version I was querying, so I'm distraught I have revisions to do. (I'm a rule-follower by nature, Haha.) I certainly hope I won't have third or fourth revisions!

Brigid Barry

Under Consideration and Revising
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been querying. I realized that my opening chapters flailed around and were not in the correct order. I had some betas giving me feedback. I'm revising and waiting for more feedback.

One agent has my full manuscript. When my revisions are done, do I send it to her? How might I go about doing that?

Make your revisions to a separate file. Keep the original so if the agent gets back to you with suggested changes, you can make them to the MS that SHE read. Her suggestions might be completely different from what your betas suggested. Personally, I wouldn't interrupt her reading your full to say "Oh, I made changes. Read this instead!"

When you make the revisions to a second file, then you can have changes ready for querying other agents.

Just my two cents, feel free to disregard! Congrats on having the full out.

Katrina S. Forest

Registered
Reaction score
Website
katrinasforest.com
Personally, I wouldn't interrupt her reading your full to say "Oh, I made changes. Read this instead!"

I second this. If you're asked for revisions down the line, you can certainly include the ones you're working on. But asking someone to disregard whatever he/she read so far and read something new seems like it'll backfire rather than help.