Where would one get omamori in Florida

Mark Moore

Banned
Reaction score
Omamori are protective charms made by Shinto shrines. The second MC in my "Vampire Killer" series is a Shintoist, and I had her mention in the first story that she'll wear a yaku-yoke (avoidance of evil) necklace for protection.

I'm finishing up the second story now, and I'd like to throw in a line regarding it somewhere. As the story is right now, she might or might not be wearing it. The thing is I need to know where she would get such a thing. As far as I've been able to tell, there are no Shinto shrines in Central Florida (this series takes place in Ocala), so presumably it'd have to be ordered online.

If she can't buy it locally, then the line would have to be either "I ordered the necklace; it's on the way" or "My mom gave it to me; I had to bullshit a reason for why I'd want such a thing".

WeaselFire

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Omamori, Inc., Islamorada Florida. :)

Try Morikami Gardens in Delray Beach or the Japanese Pavillion at Epcot.

Jeff

Mark Moore

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks. :) Omamori, Inc., seems to be an inactive company. Delray Beach and Epcot are far from Ocala. It looks like I'll be having Kioko express-ordering one or getting one from mom.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. :) Omamori, Inc., seems to be an inactive company. Delray Beach and Epcot are far from Ocala. It looks like I'll be having Kioko express-ordering one or getting one from mom.

eBay's got some right now. And I betcha one might pop up on occasion on Craigslist.

Mark Moore

Banned
Reaction score
eBay's got some right now. And I betcha one might pop up on occasion on Craigslist.

Thanks. :) I don't want to mention any SPECIFIC online site that Kioko would get it from in order to avoid dating the story should the company go out of business or be renamed.