• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

MG Betas Requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for betas for my 44,000 word MG urban fantasy story.

I'm currently suffering through QLH, but the current query looks like this:

Twelve-year-old Mark needs to stay grounded. Literally. Talents, people like Mark who can do impossible things, end up one way—locked up. For the protection of society, of course, or so the government keeps telling everyone. Mark doesn’t want to end up behind bars, but that awesome feeling of not being trapped on the ground is hard to resist. That awesome feeling vanishes the exact moment his dad, who hates Talents, catches him with his feet off the ground and his head at the ceiling.

Mark knows he’s screwed. Big time. Until his dad gives him another option. Run away.

Mark runs straight to the big city, the only other place he knows Talents exist. There he meets Sarah, the only person who’s actually nice to him--even if she was trying to steal his stuff the first time they met. Once she knows Mark is like her, a Talent, she decides it’s her job to take care of him. She teaches him essential survival street lessons, like the best alleys to sleep in, the easiest places to steal from, and, most importantly, why being caught in the city means death.

When Sarah gets caught, Mark finds out exactly what she means. People in the city don’t turn Talents into the police. Instead, the Talents are sold to the highest bidder. The winning bidder only wants one thing: to murder the Talent so they can steal their ability.

Mark has to save Sarah before she ends up the next victim. But it might mean getting caught, again.

And this time there’s going to be worse consequences than just being told to run away.

You can also find a sample of the story here: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8153108&postcount=13

I am happy to exchange for anything else that is MG or YA.

Status
Not open for further replies.