posting seasonal pieces out of season?

fivetoesten

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys,

kind of a stupid newbie question here. I found a few flash-length things I wrote a while back for the now-defunct storypraxis daily prompt site. They are both Christmassy.

Should I wait until it's closer to Christmas, or can I post them now?

If I post, I would post to Polished and Ready, right?

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Hi fivetoesten!

You can certainly post now, if you want. You have the choice of Polished and Ready (for stories up to 1000 words in length) or the appropriate sub-forum of Share Your Work.

You may want to space out the stories over a few weeks, rather than posting them all at once. Doing this gives you time to mull over the feedback you receive and apply it to a story before moving on to the next. If you can, please also consider writing critiques for some of the other stories posted.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
What Sophia said above.

With seasonal stories, such as Christmas stories, you should get them written and polished way before Christmas if you want to submit them to mags. Whenever I wrote Christmas related stories or articles there was a lead time of three to four months. So, to get into a December edition of a magazine, I would submit them in August. When I was a columnist, I had a little more time and had until the end of September to submit them to my editor.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have had holiday stories accepted and published at strange times, but I wouldn't count on it.

Last edited: