• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Beta Reader(s) for Literary Fiction Novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forever Wilderness

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I am seeking a beta reader (or several readers) for my first completed manuscript,
a 65,000-word novel, The Forest and the Sea. Set amidst the frenetic backdrop of the 1986 World Cup and the lush rainforests of Mexico, The Forest and the Sea is a story of youth and possibility, of lost worlds and the clash of civilizations, and of loss and redemption. The novel is solidly literary fiction, with strong elements of magical realism. Feedback on my query letter would also be appreciated.

I would be more than happy to return the favor, and am able to read a few manuscripts per year.

Please let me know if you're interested or if you would like to hear more about the project.

Cheers,
Forever Wilderness

Coupland

Registered
Reaction score
I write and read literary so could have a look. Maybe swap first chapters and synopses and see what we think?

november_rain

Registered
Reaction score
I am interested too, your novel sounds fascinating :)

I haven't finished my MS yet, but I would appreciate a beta down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.