PDA

View Full Version : I just drank fridge air

LOG
07-13-2013, 08:45 AM
So my parents got a new fridge today, one of those fridges that makes its own ice and has a line for water.
I was letting the pipes run with a glass underneath to clean everything out (were having water pressure issue so the water wasn't coming up).
Must have been some heavy air in there, because 5 hour later I decide to use that same glass for a drink of water. About 30s - 1 minute later it tastes like someone has coated my tongue in a bittering agent.

So if I die in my sleep tonight, I'm not sure if my tombstone should say it was something I drank, or something I inhaled . . . :Huh:

Caitlin Black
07-13-2013, 09:38 AM
If fridge air is anything like packing peanuts, you'll be fine. Maybe.

Liralen
07-13-2013, 06:45 PM
You know, silly as it sounds, you might try checking with one of the poison hotlines.

Snowstorm
07-13-2013, 07:08 PM
Does the frig have an owner's manual? Perhaps it may state some requirements for flushing out the lines. Or check on-line for how best to flush out the lines. Good luck.

Hope the taste goes away! If not, there's always whisky.

FluffBunny
07-13-2013, 07:22 PM
Depends on the fridge I'd guess, but a quick search online says that the filters produce zinc oxide to discourage bacterial growth. You may have gotten a big whack of that from the filter when you were letting the lines run into the glass and there was enough residue from it to make your later glass of water taste bitter. The good news is that zinc oxide won't do you any harm, except to your poor tastebuds, of course.

Caitlin Black
07-14-2013, 01:10 AM
And hey, isn't Zinc one of the good vitamin things?

Fridge air for everyone!

LOG
07-14-2013, 01:17 AM
Thanks. :)