Poetry query

Marilyn Braun

Royal Bibliomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
marilynsroyalblog.blogspot.com
I'm planning on submitting some poems I've written to a magazine and I'm just wondering if there's a specific query I should use for that. I honestly can't think of anything to say other than, Please find attached two poems for your consideration, and maybe a bit of background about each piece.

I did post this in the writing poetry area but I'm not sure that's the right place for it. All I can see are threads with different poetry, so that's why I'm here.

Sassenach

5 W's & an H
Registered
Reaction score
Read and follow the guidelines from each publication. Most simply want the poems.

Sassenach

5 W's & an H
Registered
Reaction score
Read and follow the guidelines from each publication. Most simply want the poems.

Marilyn Braun

Royal Bibliomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
marilynsroyalblog.blogspot.com
This is what it says in the Writers Guidelines:

We publish several poems in each issue. Please send us no more than two to four pieces at a time. Poems can be submitted directly to Talitha, our poetry editor

Under queries it says:

We encourage you to send a query if you are unsure of our interest in the topic of your article

The poems are relevant to the publication's subject, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Should I just do a basic greeting and then attach the poems? I'm asking what I should say in the email I send to them.

Last edited: