#1 in Kindle category!

SophieB

Novels with a side of science.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sophiebolsen.com
I illustrated my sister's reference book for romance and erotica authors and it made #1 in the Kindle Thesaurus category today! Which might not make her rich, but it's very cool. I spent a ridiculous amount of time on the illustrations, but they were also ridiculously fun (there are a couple on my blog- link below) to do and I love the results.

Anyway, sometimes writing is such a grind that I'll take whatever sunny spots I can find, and this was a good one. (I suspect her book is selling so well purely because of the witty artwork! :D)

NamelessTraveler

Registered
Reaction score
Woah, awesome; congrats!
And I wanna thank you and your sister for making this; I've been looking for this kind of reference book for a LONG time, so you know I had to support it! xD

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
smiley-bounce017.gif

smiley-happy096.gif

poze.gif

emoticon-char-038.gif

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! :)

SophieB

Novels with a side of science.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sophiebolsen.com
Thanks so much for the good wishes and really nice comments, everyone! Stef just added a short story, so you can see more of my cover art. She and some friends are starting an author's publishing co-op, so I did "brand" covers for her. The TheSEXaurus is almost the same as the basic book cover, but the colors and textures change for different themes- black "cloth" with a cracked texture for erotic horror, the blue with brocade for the short stories, etcetera. I really like how that's working out.

Again, thank you all for the good wishes- and thanks from Stefi for the support, too!