PDA

View Full Version : Monolith Books

The_Monolith
07-07-2013, 09:02 AM
Hey everyone, my name's Wassim (that's Weh-seem), and I'm a writer from Illinois. I like to write short stories, but every now and then I'll write a poem or two.

I just started my own publishing house, Monolith Books, and I'm very excited to get it going. We're digital only, and we specialize in short story collections, poetry collections and novellas. You can find the submission guidelines on our website, Monolith Books (http://www.monolithbooks.com).

I'll be posting my own stuff every here and there, but mainly I'll be browsing other people's works and looking for submissions. Very excited to be joining the site.

The_Monolith
07-07-2013, 11:07 AM
Hi, Wassim, and welcome to AW.

You mentioned your new publishing house in your intro. It would be great if you could share some more details on your background and what the publishing house hopes to achieve.

Hey Cath

A little background about me: I'm a 24-year-old from Illinois. I received my B.A. in Journalism in 2011 and spent a year abroad teaching English as a foreign language. I'm starting graduate school in the fall, pursing an M.A in English (probably with a focus on young adult literature). I've written for my college newspaper and I've interned for the local NPR and PBS affiliates. I've published two of my own short story collections, the most recent of which came out in April of this year

As for the publishing house, we're hoping to provide quality independent literature for readers everywhere. We are looking to publish short story collections, poetry collections and novellas. Our philosophy is that, in such a busy world, many people don't have the time to sit down and read a long book anymore. We believe that short stories and the like provide a quicker but just as fulfilling literary experience. If you're riding the subway to work, sitting in a doctor's office, etc, you can pull out your phone or tablet and read a story or two

Hope that answers your questions!