• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Reader for 76k YA Epic Fantasy/Horror/Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathion

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Alright, here goes. I'm still a little cautious about doing this, so if you'll bear with me I'd like to propose the following Beta arrangement:

I'll give you a chapter at a time, and in return I only ask for three things:

1. Pros- The good stuff about the chapter
  2. Cons- What needs to be improved
  3. Changes- What changes would you propose, if any?
  4. Next?- Do you want to read the next chapter? Yes/No

Simple enough, right? You're more than welcome to go into specifics in any of the categories described above, so I'll stop talking and give you the synopsis :D

MATHION: LEGACY OF THE WOLVEN - BOOK ONE

When it is at long last discovered by the Werewolves of Kânavad that the Wolven prince Mathion, heir to the High Throne of Ánovén, possesses an artifact of immense power, a chain of events is set in motion that will force Mathion to choose between his uncompromising honor and the reigniting of a devastating millennia-spanning conflict, the tides of which can and will change with every choice he makes. Here allies must be kept as close as possible, and one false move could condemn everything they hold dear, for the power that Mathion holds could indeed hold the key to his people's salvation or unlock their ultimate destruction, and their enemies will go to any length to obtain this final piece of a puzzle that, if completed, will consume the world in eternal darkness and chaos. Witness the epic beginnings of Atlantis mythology and Werewolf folklore, as the grand tragedy of an ancient civilization's cataclysmic end is reimagined in a bold new way, unfolding in a forgotten age of blood and valor before shapeshifters and monsters needed the night.

Please and thank you! :)

sohalt

Registered
Reaction score
Website
notsosilentsister.tumblr.com
I recommend posting a query and synopsis in Query Letter Hell. People are more willing to tip in a toe than to plunge in completely. When someone shows particular enthusiasm for your story, you can thank them and ask whether they would be interested in beta-reading your story. If someone sees promise in the plot they might even offer to beta themselves (I certainly do that sometimes with queries that catch my interest in QLH). The query doesn't even have to be perfect to achieve this.

Unfortunately the blurb you've posted here is not as enticing as it could be. I suspect you're not doing your story justice. Query Letter Hell could really help you.

Mathion

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I recommend posting a query and synopsis in Query Letter Hell. People are more willing to tip in a toe than to plunge in completely. When someone shows particular enthusiasm for your story, you can thank them and ask whether they would be interested in beta-reading your story. If someone sees promise in the plot they might even offer to beta themselves (I certainly do that sometimes with queries that catch my interest in QLH). The query doesn't even have to be perfect to achieve this.

Unfortunately the blurb you've posted here is not as enticing as it could be. I suspect you're not doing your story justice. Query Letter Hell could really help you.

I actually JUST posted in there :ROFL: thanks! Synopses are a bitch, I'll admit.

Status
Not open for further replies.